• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1182 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
pastronef said:
https://www.twitter.com/EwonSprokler/status/993509190193868800

@EwonSprokler
In fairness to Froome he's just doing what Contador did before him in 2011, coming up with bonker excuses foe his Clen positive and racing while case remained unresolved. Its funny to see a bunch of hardcore Contador fans now criticizing Froome for doing the same.
Do you share that opinion?

Netserk said:
pastronef said:

@EwonSprokler
In fairness to Froome he's just doing what Contador did before him in 2011, coming up with bonker excuses foe his Clen positive and racing while case remained unresolved. Its funny to see a bunch of hardcore Contador fans now criticizing Froome for doing the same.
Do you share that opinion?

yes I do. yes, I know I am wrong ;)

pastronef said:

@EwonSprokler
Or what the other side did then: inventing new science, viz the famed plastizer test.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Re:

gmedina said:
Froome looking vulnerable in all kinds of terrain. Wondering if we are seeing the barloworld Froome?

Maybe, but I think the crash took more out of him than he let on, and combined with stress, is what's doing him in. He probably was also planning to ride into form for the last week of Il Giro. "The best laid plans...."

Re: Re:

GraftPunk said:
gmedina said:
Froome looking vulnerable in all kinds of terrain. Wondering if we are seeing the barloworld Froome?

Maybe, but I think the crash took more out of him than he let on, and combined with stress, is what's doing him in. He probably was also planning to ride into form for the last week of Il Giro. "The best laid plans...."

It's schemes and they gang aft agley ;)

Maybe his career arc is symmetrical - his 2017 Vuelta win finally delivered the win that was in his grasp in 2011, so the 2018 Giro will see him return to his 2010 Giro condition, and he'll get a DQ for holding onto a motorbike in week 3.

Even if he manages some decent performances along the way in this Giro, I don't see him finish anywhere near the podium. Then he gets the ban, Sky sack him and he will finish his career at Novo Nordisk since by then it will be revealed that he also suffers from diabetes.

MartinGT said:
The motor must have got stopped going into Israel and lost somewhere. Dont worry it will be back for stage 6

Yes, many may not realize it, but Froome has been/will be approved for a special mechanized TUE, due to a recently diagnosed epileptic condition, which is triggered by erratic electrical impulses from the neuro-cortex. The solution to offset this disability will be installation of an electrical motor in his bike, which will neutralize the erratic neuro-electrical impulses and allow him to regain his normal ability to perform in grand tours. Rumor has it that Wout Poels was felled by a seizure himself at the team dinner today and will be granted a similar mechanized TUE.

JosephK said:
MartinGT said:
The motor must have got stopped going into Israel and lost somewhere. Dont worry it will be back for stage 6

Yes, many may not realize it, but Froome has been/will be approved for a special mechanized TUE, due to a recently diagnosed epileptic condition, which is triggered by erratic electrical impulses from the neuro-cortex. The solution to offset this disability will be installation of an electrical motor in his bike, which will neutralize the erratic neuro-electrical impulses and allow him to regain his normal ability to perform in grand tours. Rumor has it that Wout Poels was felled by a seizure himself at the team dinner today and will be granted a similar mechanized TUE.

If I'm not mistaken, the Italian Disabilities Act allows for such mechanical devices for athletes who suffer from underperforming chronic inspiration caused by a sudden change in UCI leadership.

MartinGT said:
He will rise through the ashes in week 2 don't you worry.
Ashes are at Mt Etna
bare-slope-mount-etna-covered-ashes-stones-sicily-italy-74425560.jpg

;)

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Re:

vedrafjord said:
Maybe his career arc is symmetrical - his 2017 Vuelta win finally delivered the win that was in his grasp in 2011, so the 2018 Giro will see him return to his 2010 Giro condition, and he'll get a DQ for holding onto a motorbike in week 3.

For perfect symmetry the Dawg's form needs to fall off a cliff at the Tour de Poland ;)

Huapango said:
JosephK said:
MartinGT said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Italian Disabilities Act allows for such mechanical devices for athletes who suffer from underperforming chronic inspiration caused by a sudden change in UCI leadership.

Well played.

fmk_RoI said:
Such a pity WADA pulled funding from such a solidly researched project before it could be validated.

There were several reasons for this, one of them being that the cat--or blood--was already out of the bag. Since riders now knew the risk of storing blood in this kind of bag, they were likely to avoid it. There are also in principle more direct ways of demonstrating transfusion, based on cellular/molecular changes in the blood, which don't depend on what the blood is stored in, and which can even be applied to frozen samples, which would not be the case for the DEHP test. (There is some solid research in this area, too, but it hasn't led to a test yet).

But because DEHP is an environmental pollutant, and is now pervasive in society, there have been literally tens of thousands of individuals whose urine levels have been determined, so I repeat, there is very solid research. This research has established a mean level that is far below what a rider transfusing blood would frequently demonstrate. The test could have been used, and AFAIK, it's still possible to use it as supplementary evidence if not as a standalone test. But as I have pointed out numerous times here, the most recent just a few days ago wrt Froome, WADA goes out of its way to avoid false positives, to the point of making it fairly easy for riders to avoid real ones.

TRENDING THREADS