• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1202 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Echoes of a certain rider on a stage to Morzine in 2006.

Mockery. Sheer shameless mockery.

If the UCI chooses to enable this kind of piss-taking, I'm done with this ridiculous freak show of a sport.

Saw on Cycling News' Text update, at work, that Froome attacked with around 80 km to go. Assumed that he was going to get caught or win 30 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds at most in line with his performance in the Giro so far.

- He has seemed like what I would believe to be a cleanish\not-over-the-top-doping Chris Froome in the race so
far. Makes sense with the Salbutamol case in mind
- Perhaps missed physical form calculations a bit. Again makes sense with the pressure he has been under this
year
- His win on Zoncolan is actually somewhat believable if you suspend all previous knowledge about Froome
and Sky. Getting into shape during the race could actually yield such a stage win for the average GC guy

But this. I don't know what to say. I feel sick, taken for a fool and disgusted.

Landis was revealed doping. Michael Rasmussen was pulled from the Tour. At least Lance was consistent(ly) dominant.

My most unbelievable moment in cycling, Mount Ventoux 2013, is suddenly in jeopardy of getting eclipsed. I did not think that possible.

Froome's performance today, I believe, cannot be explained by old fashioned doping alone. The way he attacked on Finestre looked suspiciously like his Ventoux 2013 where he had to brake in the corners. And on both occasions, he did not seem to be on his limit at all. That coming from a 33 year old man having ridden quite a few GTs since Ventoux. It has to be a motor backed up by a massive load of dope. I have always been sceptical about the motors theory, but it is the only thing that can explain this performance.

But then again, many of his team mates looked better than they have in most of this race. Is that just regular doping?

I don't know what to make of this?? :confused:

Stingray34 said:

If the UCI chooses to enable this kind of piss-taking, I'm done with this ridiculous freak show of a sport.
Morzine wasn't this bad. At least Floyd wasn't the only one on long distance raids, there was a break up the road, and above all, he didn't have the hide to do it under investigation. This is sheer hubris now.

DV95073_600.jpg

962406128_670.jpg

42x16ss said:
Stingray34 said:

Morzine wasn't this bad. At least Floyd wasn't the only one on long distance raids, there was a break up the road, and above all, he didn't have the hide to do it under investigation. This is sheer hubris now.

What do you mean?

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Stingray34 said:

Quite.

I sure hope you're right about the hubris: it's the pride that comes before the fall.

Cycling can't cope with another ban. Froome is the new normal. His failure to win SPOTY in the UK and public sneering at cycling as a sport in general is about as successful as anti-doping gets.

Depressing I know but if you want morality, join the Benedictines.

buckle said:
Cycling can't cope with another ban. Froome is the new normal. His failure to win SPOTY in the UK and public sneering at cycling as a sport in general is about as successful as anti-doping gets.

Depressing I know but if you want morality, join the Benedictines.

Cycling has coped relatively fine with bans since Festina. Cycling will survive another ban and be exciting again for some years until the next dominator appears.
No morality. Cycling is an extreme sport. Some doping is to be expected to a certain extend, but please take a minimum of care and tone it down a bit, not making it too obvious. That also excludes motors :)

TRENDING THREADS