• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1318 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I cannot understand Sky and froome. How can anyone be in this sort of shape after Winning the Giro?? I am baffled. I can't even write about it, where does one start? I have decided to cancel my cycling TV subscription and not follow cycling any more. May be in a couple years it will be better. There are some people who like cycling but have no clue what happens on the Pro circuit.

Oh, just for kicks he (Froome) will win the Vuelta this year as well. This a a real superman juice, body does not tire, lungs are always fresh and plenty of strength.

Re:

jilbiker said:
I cannot understand Sky and froome. How can anyone be in this sort of shape after Winning the Giro?? I am baffled. I can't even write about it, where does one start? I have decided to cancel my cycling TV subscription and not follow cycling any more. May be in a couple years it will be better. There are some people who like cycling but have no clue what happens on the Pro circuit.

Oh, just for kicks he (Froome) will win the Vuelta this year as well. This a a real superman juice, body does not tire, lungs are always fresh and plenty of strength.

Froome did all that by beating a postive test and Brailsford telling the UCI President he is a small town mayor! :cool:

Froome, Brailsfraud and the rest of them must be feeling invincible right now as they've ridden away from yet another scandal and even managed to get away scot free (at least legally, since their reputation with the public is in tatters) from a positve test that would have and has resulted in a ban for pretty much any other athlete that has tested similarly. I can't even imagine the hubris, but it's no surprise they're so blinded by it that they have the balls and the lack of shame required to pull off a ride like G's and still keep a straight face.

Re:

Saint Unix said:
Froome, Brailsfraud and the rest of them must be feeling invincible right now as they've ridden away from yet another scandal and even managed to get away scot free (at least legally, since their reputation with the public is in tatters) from a positve test that would have and has resulted in a ban for pretty much any other athlete that has tested similarly. I can't even imagine the hubris, but it's no surprise they're so blinded by it that they have the balls and the lack of shame required to pull off a ride like G's and still keep a straight face.
Cue Brailsfraud to pen "We Might as Well Win" and think it an original title!

Re:

jilbiker said:

If it carries on at this level, then it'll be hilarious. I do wonder how the 3rd week will pan out. The cynic in me sees TD fade badly, the other favourites get stronger but way too little and way too late, and CF to just destroy everyone and win by his largest margin ever.

The new way to peak for the Tour is to win the Giro and use the additional stress of fighting a doping case ;)

Re:

Saint Unix said:

Portal couldn't keep a straight face yesterday. All through the interview, which he handled with his typical skill, he looked as if he was about to burst out laughing.

Re: Re:

wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

Portal couldn't keep a straight face yesterday. All through the interview, which he handled with his typical skill, he looked as if he was about to burst out laughing.
Did he though, did he really? Or does this just fit your narrative?

More importantly, if Froome does the Giro/TDF double, will he finally crack the sports personality of the year? The adoration of the UK public is something he has never really managed to attain.

Singer01 said:
wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

More importantly, if Froome does the Giro/TDF double, will he finally crack the sports personality of the year? The adoration of the UK public is something he has never really managed to attain.

With Harry picking up the Golden Boot??? No chance.

Singer01 said:
wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

Narrative. ;) Though, even I, a big Froome fan, caught some sheer routine in the way portal was looking like and speaking. Probably, Sky are a bit dumbfounded about others being so weak.

dacooley said:
Singer01 said:
wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

Narrative. ;) Though, even I, a big Froome fan, caught some sheer routine in the way portal was looking like and speaking. Probably, Sky are a bit dumbfounded about others being so weak.

This is a new angle to explain away the dominance of Sky, the rest are just crap!!

Re:

ontheroad said:
Jonathan Edwards complaining about the fan pushing Froome.

Whilst that sort of behaviour cannot be condoned the media have short memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An9O42iMUBw

Not forgetting Froome shoving Aru during last years tour and letting him know who is boss. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. The hypocrisy of some media know no bounds.

I'll be honest. I don't blame the Dawg for punching the 'fan'. I've not seen what the fans have done today but I cannot condone them attacking any riders.

Singer01 said:
Saint Unix said:
Singer01 said:
In order to win that he has to actually have one.
Nigel Mansell and Andy Murray say hello.

These guys are Donald Trumps compared to Donkey.

Froome's strategy

I think Froome is using the ol' "take it easy for every stage but one" strategy, which was executed to perfection in the Giro. Why race hard for three weeks when you can just bottle it up for one single day of suffering?

TRENDING THREADS