• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geert Leinders

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dr. Maserati said:
Then do not complain when your ignorance is displayed time and again.

In fact - why do you continue to post your commentary when you admit you have no intention of reading Walshs pieces?

It is against forum rules to download the full copyrighted material.
Although I may be able to quote a passage from the article later (unless a mod rules otherwise).

It would be very interesting to read what Walsh had to say about Leinders earlier in the year. A link to that would be great. That would put an end to all the bickering. Thanks

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

In fact - why do you continue to post your commentary when you admit you have no intention of reading Walshs pieces?

Although I may be able to quote a passage from the article later (unless a mod rules otherwise).

Where did i say that? You are misrepresenting what i post yet again!

Post a link to the article and i'll read it.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

again the first to come up with name calling.
i take that as an indication of, well, of what exactly?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
veganrob said:
It would be very interesting to read what Walsh had to say about Leinders earlier in the year. A link to that would be great. That would put an end to all the bickering. Thanks
Walsh has mentioned Leinders in numerous articles.

They are behind a paywall - and while I can give snippets to a specific piece it is against forum rules to reveal the lot.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Walsh has mentioned Leinders in numerous articles.

They are behind a paywall - and while I can give snippets to a specific piece it is against forum rules to reveal the lot.

Do you not have them saved to a cloud page that can be linked?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Where did i say that? You are misrepresenting what i post yet again!

Post a link to the article and i'll read it.
So, you will only read Walshs articles if they are free?? Yet carry on commenting without reading his articles?

Here is the article where Walsh talks about Leinders and the blood doping at Rabo.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/cycling/article1281326.ece

hrotha said:
Could you provide said snippets then? A summary of every piece?
Snippets - sure. But, from memory there are 4 or 5 different articles where Leinders is mentioned. I will not be giving a summary of each - that is against forum rules and rightly so.
Benotti69 said:
Do you not have them saved to a cloud page that can be linked?
No.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
So, you will only read Walshs articles if they are free?? Yet carry on commenting without reading his articles?

Here is the article where Walsh talks about Leinders and the blood doping at Rabo.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/cycling/article1281326.ece.

Maybe you cant read, so i will repeat myself. I will not give any money to Murdoch.

If Walsh was to have his articles published elsewhere I would pay to read them.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Maybe you cant read, so i will repeat myself. I will not give any money to Murdoch.

If Walsh was to have his articles published elsewhere I would pay to read them.

Which means you are reliant on others to give you what Walsh writes and therefore not in a position to talk about him.

the sceptic said:
do you think the vortex will die that easily
I have already stated what I am willing to do - the vortex is when people who have no idea what they are talking about continue to talk, and I correct them.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Which means you are reliant on others to give you what Walsh writes and therefore not in a position to talk about him.

Not true. Again misrepresentative of posters.

Dr. Maserati said:
I have already stated what I am willing to do - the vortex is when people who have no idea what they are talking about continue to talk, and I correct them.

The vortex is pettiness that ends discussions by splitting hairs. As you pointed out in another thread this is not a court of law. People can form opinions on Walsh from his tweets, from attending his talks, from reading his books and from listening to his radio interviews.

To claim that the written word is king shows how petty your pedantism is. I defended Walsh against Armstrong's fans, but he has got it wrong on Sky, just like he got it wrong on Kelly.

To bend over backwards for Walsh, Kimmage, Ballester is stupid. They can get it wrong. They are human. Walsh admitted to being wrong on Kelly. Kimmage admitted he got it wrong on Kohl and to date I dont know if Ballester has gotten anything wrong or admitted to it.

Dr. Maserati said:

By all appearances Dr. Mas, you are a very shrewd and intelligent person, and not the type that would be giving money to Murdoch either. I am with Benotti in that I would not give Murdoch a nickel either.

Dr. Maserati said:

Come on.. Perhaps you are right when it comes walsh, I don't know.. But this..

You only wanna discuss with people who gives money to Murdoch?? You will get some great discussions then I can imagine.. I think from now on, I will only discuss Wonderboy, with people who own a Trek bike..

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

Why cant you just tell us what Walsh thinks about Leinders?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Not true. Again misrepresentative of posters.
If you don't read what he wrote - you cannot then question him on what he wrote, which is what you did earlier about Leinders, even though Walsh has written about him.

Benotti69 said:
The vortex is pettiness that ends discussions by splitting hairs. As you pointed out in another thread this is not a court of law. People can form opinions on Walsh from his tweets, from attending his talks, from reading his books and from listening to his radio interviews.

To claim that the written word is king shows how petty your pedantism is. I defended Walsh against Armstrong's fans, but he has got it wrong on Sky, just like he got it wrong on Kelly.

To bend over backwards for Walsh, Kimmage, Ballester is stupid. They can get it wrong. They are human. Walsh admitted to being wrong on Kelly. Kimmage admitted he got it wrong on Kohl and to date I dont know if Ballester has gotten anything wrong or admitted to it.

Well, now you are misrepresenting posters - I have on many occasions said that I do not agree with everything Walsh has written or said.
So, you can shove that up your archives.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
So when Walsh wrote in the Sunday Times about Leinders advising the riders on Rabo to use the blood of family members - you prefer he talks about cream?

I guess you could learn a thing or 2 if you actually read his articles.
So, copy pasting from Dutch journalists is journalism? Please dont lower your standards Doc.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Samson777 said:
...You only wanna discuss with people who gives money to Murdoch?? You will get some great discussions then I can imagine.. I think from now on, I will only discuss Wonderboy, with people who own a Trek bike..
kudos, well said.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
How is summarizing the content of an article against the rules?
The old 'rules & guidelines' appear gone - (maybe I just cannot find them).

I can do a summary on specific articles. But I am not doing a summary on complete articles that Walsh has done that run in to thousands of words where it is all connected. That is not fair on the writer, or the reader.

I would be happier offering snippets of the actual article and I will put up the Leinders blood piece shortly.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
If you don't read what he wrote - you cannot then question him on what he wrote, which is what you did earlier about Leinders, even though Walsh has written about him.

I questioned why has Walsh not interviewed Michael Rasmussen or Thomas Dekker about Leinders. I didn't question why has Walsh not written about him.

I can question his attitude and opinion and I will as long as i feel it is pro a doping team

Dr. Maserati said:
Well, now you are misrepresenting posters - I have on many occasions said that I do not agree with everything Walsh has written or said.
So, you can shove that up your archives.

Did i touch a little nerve.....hmmmm, relax Dr, take a chill pill, it is only a forum, not a court or law.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I questioned why has Walsh not interviewed Michael Rasmussen or Thomas Dekker about Leinders. I didn't question why has Walsh not written about him.

I can question his attitude and opinion and I will as long as i feel it is pro a doping team
And I asked you what interviewing them would reveal that he had not already covered.
You tried to be a smartas$ and mention 'saddle cream'.

Benotti69 said:
Did i touch a little nerve.....hmmmm, relax Dr, take a chill pill, it is only a forum, not a court or law.

Yes, you do touch a nerve - because you regularly post nonsense about things that you don't know about.
Just because it is not a court of law does not mean you should be allowed slam people - as well as the fact that I have to clean up your errors.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Samson777 said:
Come on.. Perhaps you are right when it comes walsh, I don't know.. But this..

You only wanna discuss with people who gives money to Murdoch?? You will get some great discussions then I can imagine.. I think from now on, I will only discuss Wonderboy, with people who own a Trek bike..

sniper said:
kudos, well said.

No. Point being you don't comment on articles if you haven't even read them. This is pretty simple. I don't comment on articles from news outlets on the sport in other countries because I haven't read them myself. This is completely opposite for some around here.

If you have so much interest in what Walsh writes that you want to give an opinion on the forum from it, go out and buy the paper or subscribe to the website.

TRENDING THREADS