• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geert Leinders

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When Sky sacked him, DB said there was going to be a full review into his work with Sky.......since then, nothing.
Their lack of openness does no one any favours.
Anyone know if Steve Peters still has anything to do with Sky? It was him who hired Leinders, apparently.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
samhocking said:
Probably because Sky didn't exist? Just a hunch!
:confused:
i realize youm ebandit and others want it all shoved under the carpet, but normally, if you track down a criminal for crimes committed in period X, you'd also be interested in knowing whether he committed any crimes in the period following X.

sniper said:
i realize you're half joking but yes, why weren't Sky riders called to testify?
urgent question me thinks.

Probably because they were just looking to pick up corroboration of what they already had from Rasmussen and Bottle.

It is possible (but unlikely if you look at the dates) than one of the anonymous riders was at Sky.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
coinneach said:
When Sky sacked him, DB said there was going to be a full review into his work with Sky.......since then, nothing.
Their lack of openness does no one any favours.
good point
nyone know if Steve Peters still has anything to do with Sky? It was him who hired Leinders, apparently.
hiring him was one thing, recommending him another.
Steven de Jongh springs to mind.
All speculation, but Wiggins himself may already been working with leinders prior to his Sky contract.
Others (e.g. Knaven) may have had insider info on the guy as well.
The biggest insult to the fan's intelligence is that Brailsford didn't know who leinders was when he hired him.

sniper said:
:confused:
i realize youm ebandit and others want it all shoved under the carpet, but normally, if you track down a criminal for crimes committed in period X, you'd also be interested in knowing whether he committed any crimes in the period following X.

If reality was like that, not a single case would ever reach conclusion! We would still be hearing of Festina, Puerto & Armstrong lol!I certainly don't want anything swept under the carpet. Bring it on.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Probably because they were just looking to pick up corroboration of what they already had from Rasmussen and Bottle.

It is possible (but unlikely if you look at the dates) than one of the anonymous riders was at Sky.

samhocking said:
If reality was like that, not a single case would ever reach conclusion! We would still be hearing of Festina, Puerto & Armstrong lol!I certainly don't want anything swept under the carpet. Bring it on.
fair points

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
samhocking said:
I think that's the main issue. Zorzoli is/was every teams goto for TUE. How he's still at UCI today and why UCI let him back in in 2006 is beyond me.

Upon his installment, Cookson threw several people out, but let Zorzoli stay.
Cookson's ties to Sky are also well-documented.
It's not pretty.

the sceptic said:
Zorzoli was just following the rules. He has done nothing unethical.

Cookson has said in the past to his credit, that if anyone has anything against Zorzoli to speak up. I think at least the Froome case brought in the committee process that deals with exceptional TUE cases to the routine ones too, so at least Zorzoli can't be seen to be acting alone anymore.

samhocking said:
Cookson has said in the past to his credit, that if anyone has anything against Zorzoli to speak up. I think at least the Froome case brought in the committee process that deals with exceptional TUE cases to the routine ones too, so at least Zorzoli can't be seen to be acting alone anymore.

Cookson then asked Turkeys whether they wanted Christmas/Thanksgiving this year.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Gregga said:
Sure, but not only, those who were in the "not normal" zone were still kids compared to him, like Basso 2005 or Ullrich 2000/2001/2004

Keep in mind that with 2 vuelta's, a giro and a TdF (Rasmussen aced tests if he took them) Rabo did better than Riis in a similar period (until they got the AC presents).

This is once again some weird stuff going on where Leinders is being downplayed. That's 4 GT's in just a few years. In that short time span they were absolutely on top of everyone in the GT's (keep in mind USPS had folded which helped them a lot).

And god forbid if Rasmussen wasn't ousted and they would have gone through without interference. One could only imagine what that would have done for Rasmussen and Mencov.

Gregga said:
Interesting to notice that although Leinders was using the whole panel of doping tools (blood bags, EPO, HGH, LH, cortisone, testosterone, DHEA at least), none of the Rabo riders did win anything big.

Some compare him to Ferrari, ok then WTF did Armstrong / Ferrari use as a method to be 10% stronger than these guys working with Leinders ???

Ferrari is an extremely talented trainer, with a legendary teacher in Conconi. I look at Armstrong as Ferrari's Eliza Doolittle. Armstrong was willing to abandon ethical constraints and work as hard as humanly possible to win. He was the perfect pupil for the gifted Henry Higgins.

Leinders maybe just lacks Ferrari's complete skill set (incl. cleverness and daring). Perhaps Ferrari, as an independent contractor can get away with more than a team doc, like Leinders, can.

I can't see how Rabo was even the slightest bit worse than USPS. They just weren't as good at it. Not an apology (for both are still filthy cheaters), just a fact.

MarkvW said:
Ferrari is an extremely talented trainer, with a legendary teacher in Conconi. I look at Armstrong as Ferrari's Eliza Doolittle. Armstrong was willing to abandon ethical constraints and work as hard as humanly possible to win. He was the perfect pupil for the gifted Henry Higgins.

Leinders maybe just lacks Ferrari's complete skill set (incl. cleverness and daring). Perhaps Ferrari, as an independent contractor can get away with more than a team doc, like Leinders, can.

I can't see how Rabo was even the slightest bit worse than USPS. They just weren't as good at it. Not an apology (for both are still filthy cheaters), just a fact.

Gag me with a spoon.

Best fanboy crap in years.

Armstrong never knew an ethical constraint. Ever.

Dave.

ChewbaccaD said:
Funny, I wonder why thehog, digger, and the other Lance Armstrong apologists aren't hammering Tygart for overreaching here? I mean, he's a singularly focused, self-absorbed, egomaniac, Christian crusader, only concerned with the fame he can get from banning Lance...:rolleyes:

Oh, I know...Leinders worked for Sky, so Travis is a hero today...

FREE LEINDERS!!! Why are he and Ferrari the only Doctors who got a ban? How can the USADA use the testimony or riders like Bottle, who only received a 6 month ban, against Lienders? This is a travesty!!!...

Is this your first post in two years without somehow mentioning you're either training to be a lawyer, studying for the bar, or passed the bar?

Anyway, lance apologist - you're not too good with deductive reasoning skills. For a lawyer.

TRENDING THREADS