General Doping Thread.

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
do the math on the back of a dearest comrade packet.
A dearest comrade packet? Sounds like Soviet condoms ("I am sorry Vladimir, you cannot explore my vast steppe without your dearest comrades. I cannot afford the morning after pill and you cannot afford the antibiotics."). Not what I wrote though. I used a slang word for cigarette. Three letters, begins in F, ends in G, in between is the indefinite article. Feck off if that's censorable.

If the forum software is going to edit us I do think it should indicate it has done so.

Last edited:
Farah pops a positive for boldenone, the same drug that has seen Fernando Gaviria's brother-in-law Fabián Puerta sat on the naughty step since August 2018.
An interesting and relevant fact about Boldenone....in addition to promoting steady increases in strength and muscle mass, its also well known for rapidly increasing red blood cell production.......a bit like EPO on steroids if you like ;)

A dearest comrade packet? Sounds like Soviet condoms ("I am sorry Vladimir, you cannot explore my vast steppe without your dearest comrades. I cannot afford the morning after pill and you cannot afford the antibiotics."). Not what I wrote though. I used a slang word for cigarette. Three letters, begins in F, ends in G, in between is the indefinite article. Feck off if that's censorable.

If the forum software is going to edit us I do think it should indicate it has done so.
Unfortunately I don’t think the software has the nuance to allow such exceptions, but I can ask. I also don’t think it’s capable of indicating words have been changed, but I think that’s mainly the point.

De Vuyst now going the Betsema way

nothing can go wrong with Maeschalck as your lawyer:
-defended Leinders
-avoided a ban for someone with more clen than Contador
-avoided a ban for cocaine Boonen
-defended Keisse
-got a ban lifted for someone with 2 EPO positives
-defended Betsema

Also interesting what Sporza wrote back then about De Vuyst:
Dutch and Belgian made really try to wash their athletes clean. It's always supposed to be something "never seen before", "more complicated than it looks" or whatever.
The "contamination" excuse is really getting old

De Vuyst now going the Betsema way

nothing can go wrong with Maeschalck as your lawyer:
-defended Leinders
-avoided a ban for someone with more clen than Contador
-avoided a ban for cocaine Boonen
-defended Keisse
-got a ban lifted for someone with 2 EPO positives
-defended Betsema

Also interesting what Sporza wrote back then about De Vuyst:

Dutch and Belgian made really try to wash their athletes clean. It's always supposed to be something "never seen before", "more complicated than it looks" or whatever.
The "contamination" excuse is really getting old
It's quite clear that all they need to do is ban supplements . . . then we'll no there are PEDs left in the pro ranks

If Boonen's cocaine usage was out of competition and he wasn't operating heavy machinery or a car...I have no problem with it. I've never understood why folks got so worked up about this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY