• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 380 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Aquablue, the proposed new Hiberno-French ProConti team, are saying that they've now sent ten riders final contracts to be signed after terms were agreed. So, much to my surprise, it does look like the team will actually happen. They've also bought the IAM team bus.

According to stickybottle, they will have a sixteen rider roster and are in negotiations with more than six riders to fill the remaining six team places.

It will be interesting to see both how many Irish riders they sign as, to be blunt, I'm not at all sure where they will find a substantial cohort of Irish riders who are ready to step up to ProConti level, and what level of international rider they bring in.

Re:

Nirvana said:
Provisional startlist of Giro di Lombardia
http://static2.ilombardia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CI0109PAR_lomb.pdf

No Quintana nor Valverde for Movistar.
There is Van Avermaet despite the hard route.
Amador, Moreno and Visconti are capable of a result. Surprised that Izaguirre isn't named though.

Orica aren't messing around:

161 SUI19801220 ALBASINI Michael SUI
162 COL19900117 CHAVES RUBIO Johan Esteban COL
163 AUS19930906 HAIG Jack AUS
164 AUS19920813 HOWSON Damien AUS
165 CAN19850221 MEIER Christian CAN
166 ESP19921104 VERONA QUINTANILLA Carlos ESP
167 GBR19920807 YATES Adam GBR
168 GBR19920807 YATES Simon GBR
D.S. STEPHENS Neil

:eek:

Them, Astana and Sky look to be the strongest teams on paper.

Paris Tours to become an extended version of Scheldeprijs with 252km of flat:
Late hills removed:

CtRhgZpWEAAYNY5.jpg

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
No Lars Petter Nordhaug for Sky in the start list,.. And no contract for next year.. He did win Tour De Yorkshire last year. Damn they go out fast! :D

Edit:
"I pressed/replied the wrong thread, mod please move this to Lombardia thread; thanx!"

Is there any news on the European Championchips for next year? If Sagan is getting a jersey I'd assume they're planning on organizing it continuously.

Though I do like the idea, I don't think it should be as late as it was this year, I think it can be in the slot of the ORR in non-Olympic years. I don't want to see big championchips too close to each other