• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I presume we've done all the buttering up Lurpak/relying on Danepak to bring home the bacon jokes?

Lego would be fab - I have mint condition Telekom lego including the 1997 podium so there's a definite precedent.

bianchigirl said:
I presume we've done all the buttering up Lurpak/relying on Danepak to bring home the bacon jokes?

Lego would be fab - I have mint condition Telekom lego including the 1997 podium so there's a definite precedent.

I beg you to post pictures of that set..

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
It has usually been colder than -10 celcius around Oslo lately, so it makes all the whining from the italians and spaniards seem like... well, whining :)[/QUOTE]

EBH used to cycle home from school, everyday, doing 3 km's (2 miles), uphill, on his rear-wheel only. Agreed, it's not an unprecedented feat, but kinda impressive nonetheless....

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/187990

And i see Dumoulin won in the etoile de besseges today, beating the dominant Borut Bozic, who won the first two stages. What does anyone think of this Bozic? I remember he did well at the vuelta, and that he was outwitted by gilbert at paris-tours, but don't really know how to rank him. Can he compete with the top sprinters in the top races (that vacansoleil can get in), or is he just the kind of good/average sprinter that can win lots of minor french races?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
2010 Wild Card teams:

Acqua & Sapone
Andalucia Cajasur
Androni Giocattoli
Bbox Bouygues Telecom
BMC
Carmiooro - NGC
Ceramica Flaminia
Cervélo Test Team
Cofidis, le crédit en ligne
Colnago - CSF Inox
ISD - Neri
Landbouwkrediet
Saur - Sojasun
Skil - Shimano
Topsport Vlaanderen - Mercator
Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team
Xacobeo Galicia Team

These are the teams that can get invited to all the ASO and RSC races, the Vuelta, and all the other PT events.

Two teams, De Rosa-Stac Plastic and Voralberg teams were denied. The CCC Polsat Polkowice and Scott-Marcondes teams did not apply for wild card status.

Dumoulin wins his second stage at besseges. Bozic and Dumoulin two stages each, now. How good are these guys? If Hushovd hadn't pulled out, would he have won every stage, or would they be able to challenge him? (I remember Dumoulin winning a stage in the TdF, but that was from a small breakaway.)

A

Anonymous

Brad wiggins quoted on cn as saying he is in qatar supporting edvald, arveson, and thomas, and they will be supporting him in july (the tour?)

brings the todal riders for sky quoted as saying they are riding the tour, or quoted by other riders as riding to NINE..

potentially:
Arverson, boasson hagen, calzati,
flecha, gerrans, henderson, lofkvist,
pauwells, thomas, wiggins

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
Brad wiggins quoted on cn as saying he is in qatar supporting edvald, arveson, and thomas, and they will be supporting him in july (the tour?)

brings the todal riders for sky quoted as saying they are riding the tour, or quoted by other riders as riding to NINE..

potentially:

Good line up, like that. Looking forward to seeing what Geraint can do, I bet we'll see Big Boat claim he's a doper by August :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised by his reaction - he's 'furious' about it? Sorry but I thought his BFF had raised awareness so that nobody thought there was a stigma attached to the disease anymore. Still, with both Anquetil and Fignon suffereing the same I guess there are some who would draw unflattering conclusions...

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Petacchi won the GP degli Etruschi for the 6th time in a row!
In a row? Didn't Balducci win in 2008? Nice to see Ale-Jet pick up wins early in the season. I'm looking forward to see him against Cavendish in the Giro.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

potentially:

(snoring)...:D why would hendy be riding? Where's that south african guy who i forgot his name of?

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
(snoring)...:D why would hendy be riding? Where's that south african guy who i forgot his name of?

Good point, I'd expect Chris Froome to be there to help in the Mountains. Forgot about him. Not sure who you'd drop for Froome though, I don't know anything about Calzati so can't make a guess.

I always thought that Calzati was Sky's signing of the 'we-need-a-French-guy'-sort to keep the French race organisers happy, so I'll assume he's a safe bet for a Tour spot. Besides that, he's a pretty decent stage hunter, and did take a very impressive stage win in 2006, although that seems ages ago now. I would love to see Chris Froome in the team, though, I have a good feeling about that guy. And what about John-Lee Augustyn? Of the ones mentioned, I'd suppose Serge Pauwels would be the first one out of the door, should this 'un-official' line-up change.

TRENDING THREADS