• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
One correction in the Astana Tour squad story. Benjamin Noval is not a climber. He's definitely Spanish though.

Actually he's quite definitely a climber.
He may be a pure domestique these days that never ever gets into breaks or rides for himself, but he's still a climber.

In fact, even back when he rode for himself his only good results were in the mountain stages of Catalunya.

issoisso said:
Actually he's quite definitely a climber.
He may be a pure domestique these days that never ever gets into breaks or rides for himself, but he's still a climber.

In fact, even back when he rode for himself his only good results were in the mountain stages of Catalunya.

He may have started out as one, but he won't serve in that role for Astana at the Tour, which was my only point.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
Women races are always way shorter. Some work still left to do for feminists.

They're shorter because the UCI won't let them ride longer races. Don't blame the women, blame the idiots in Switzerland.

Libertine Seguros said:
Benjamin Novál was the last Astana domestique with Contador before he attacked on Alpe d'Huez, so he can climb some. Benjamin Novál is a big engine who is one of Contador's most trusted accomplices, and who will probably accompany him wherever he ends up next season.

That was Jesus Hernandez. Noval finished 31'46" back on that stage.

Libertine Seguros said:
Benjamin Novál was the last Astana domestique with Contador before he attacked on Alpe d'Huez, so he can climb some. Benjamin Novál is a big engine who is one of Contador's most trusted accomplices, and who will probably accompany him wherever he ends up next season.

My mistake. Poor quality feed + Carlton Kirby commentating = remembering mis-identification.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Cavendish and Wiggins war of words in the daily mail

Link Here

I think it is more of a non-story than anything. Cav says Wiggo has no chance so Wiggo says Cav won't win green

Would just like to point out that the daily mail is not famed for good journalism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8GOry52xo

If you read the article Cav says Contador is likely to win the next 2 or 3 tours (not exactly a slur on Wiggins) and Wiggins says Cav will find it hard coming in under par. Both of these comments are valid opinions taken out of context to try to form a war of words

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Bumeington said:
snip...Both of these comments are valid opinions...snip
just curious, how do you define a valid opinion vs non-valid ?

'valid' is a special word seemed not suitable for an internet forum but a scientific gathering.

care to enlighten ?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Cavendish and Wiggins war of words in the daily mail

Link Here

I think it is more of a non-story than anything. Cav says Wiggo has no chance so Wiggo says Cav won't win green

I have been thinking...
Who is the bigger *** out of the Cav or Wiggo?
Two brits being the biggest *** of them all, no surpirse!:rolleyes:

auscyclefan94 said:
I have been thinking...

Cav for sure. Wiggins may come across as a little arrogant perhaps but at least he doesn't spit on people he just took down in a sprint or otherwise use rude gestures when winning etc.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Cav for sure. Wiggins may come across as a little arrogant perhaps but at least he doesn't spit on people he just took down in a sprint or otherwise use rude gestures when winning etc.

In a recent video interview haussler said that cav said in the tour last year "that he should move to another sport because this is too easy'. I hate him with a passion. I hope he burns in HELL!

auscyclefan94 said:
I have been thinking...

Xenophobic ***.

p.s. Susan/other mods, before you delete this, please remember ACF is also referring to people as "***" as well as making xenophobic comments, so equal treatment please. ;)

A

Anonymous

Footon unveil disgusting bike to go with their disgusting kit for the tour.
FUJI-SST-1.0_Tour-de-France-2010.jpg

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I have been thinking...

at least cav's claim was pretty much spot on :D

i don't like either. But i really dislike cav and his ego.
Him and kanye west should make babies.

A

Anonymous

Roland Rat said:
Susan/other mods etc etc etc [/SIZE]

on this one i agree with you. the original comment was uncalled for, and not funny

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Footon unveil disgusting bike to go with their disgusting kit for the tour.
FUJI-SST-1.0_Tour-de-France-2010.jpg

Surprised they are using white bartape. In recent races they've had shiny gold bartape (same gold as on the bikes) that looked terrible.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Xenophobic ***.

p.s. Susan/other mods, before you delete this, please remember ACF is also referring to people as "***" as well as making xenophobic comments, so equal treatment please. ;)

I guess it is alright to say Fire Truck because it is blocked out. If i said a worse word it would of been blocked out and not in trouble for it.

btw, I got another infraction for this but won't be whinghing publicly! I learnt my lesson by stupidly making the moderators thread to complain.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Michel Kreder and Martijn Maaskant sign on with Garmin until 2013. According to JV, Kreder is the only Dutch guy in the peloton capable of winning Amstel Gold.

There you go.

TRENDING THREADS