• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 480 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Germany continues to have strict rules for spectators. Not only did they move the finish for the Münsterland Giro outside of the city centre, they also have a specific finish zone you are only allowed to enter when you are vaccinated, tested or recovered. Plus you have to wear masks. At this point it's getting ridiculous.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I know that I have posted about it before, but the Veneto Classic that is gonna take place on the 17th has a really good route, Pippo is doing a good job as a race organizer.
photo-medium.jpg

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/450726?sid=8425a68d13fb2f3f7ebc0a6a1adf5adf

The Giro del Veneto that takes place on the 13th is more sprinter friendly and shorter, but the section with multiple hills of the Colli Euganei before the final 20 kms that are flat is pretty good and I love those hills because I've ridden there multiple times.
6143bd46b7690137a6167552

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/450724

I know that I have posted about it before, but the Veneto Classic that is gonna take place on the 17th has a really good route, Pippo is doing a good job as a race organizer.
photo-medium.jpg

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/450726?sid=8425a68d13fb2f3f7ebc0a6a1adf5adf

The Giro del Veneto that takes place on the 13th is more sprinter friendly and shorter, but the section with multiple hills of the Colli Euganei before the final 20 kms that are flat is pretty good and I love those hills because I've ridden there multiple times.
6143bd46b7690137a6167552

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/450724

Which Pippo? You have a lot of Pippos.

Certainly not surprising after the mid-season troubles they had. A few interesting names to be picked up in the yard sale. Edu Grosu is already going to Androni, Zé Gonçalves to W52. José Manuel Díaz will be an interesting one, he has apparently been linked to Intermarché, but would likely fit better with the aims of a team like Caja Rural or Cofidis? Prades back to Euskadi?

Certainly not surprising after the mid-season troubles they had. A few interesting names to be picked up in the yard sale. Edu Grosu is already going to Androni, Zé Gonçalves to W52. José Manuel Díaz will be an interesting one, he has apparently been linked to Intermarché, but would likely fit better with the aims of a team like Caja Rural or Cofidis? Prades back to Euskadi?
Rajovic would also be a decent pick for a PCT team, a fast rouleur. I'd like to see Hailemichael on a team like Androni.

The Dutch province of Friesland wants to host the Grande Partenza in the coming years. Not specified which year.

Why? Tour was too expensive, however they still want to host a TTT on the Afsluitdijk in if Rotterdam, Amsterdam or The Hague host the Grand Depart.

This would be *** to host a TTT on the dijk. Even a slight wind change in the 2-3 hours between the first team and the last team would have huge impact on the result. Would be a wind lottery.

Also if you're going to race on the dijk it should be a road stage with echelons.

This would be *** to host a TTT on the dijk. Even a slight wind change in the 2-3 hours between the first team and the last team would have huge impact on the result. Would be a wind lottery.

Also if you're going to race on the dijk it should be a road stage with echelons.
I just want a prologue on the course of the national headwind championships course. Minimal headwind of like 9 Beaufort required. Mandatory use of city bikes w/o gears. Good luck boys.

• Love
Reactions: lemon cheese cake

Siskevicius too, correct?

I thought they could have sold enough of those neo-retro Look jerseys to keep the team afloat. I'd have bought one in "middle-age man" cut...