• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Liberty Seguros have for the past few months been setting up their new team for 2011 and signing several riders.
After all this time, now they've suddenly decided they don't want to have a team because of the doping positives they had last time around. Team's dead in the water.

Wait, what?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Liberty Seguros have for the past few months been setting up their new team for 2011 and signing several riders.
After all this time, now they've suddenly decided they don't want to have a team because of the doping positives they had last time around. Team's dead in the water.

Wait, what?

:confused:

They surely win this month's WTF award. That is truly baffling.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TVM returns to cycling in 2011

History in Cycling
1988 1988 T.V.M.-Van Schilt
1989 1989 T.V.M.-Ragno
1990 1990 T.V.M.
1991 1992 T.V.M.-Sanyo
1993 1994 T.V.M.-Bison Kit
1995 1995 T.V.M.-Polis Direct
1996 1999 T.V.M.-Farm Frites

Retiring Maarten den Bakker (ex-Rabo, Milram) made the connection with his current team Van Vliet so that TVM will intergrate already this coming season.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:
Geox squad fails to make ProTeam status [cyclingweekly]

Looks like its between QuickStep, Euskaltel, AG2R and Cofidis so at least one French team is going to make it.

Samu his Euskaltel-Euskadi is handed out the Pro-Team license for 2011 '¡Olé!'

images
also PT in 2011
images
spook.gif

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Then how about sharing your source with us, please?

This is a recurring problem you have, I would hate to have to warn or sanction you again.

Susan

always will if ... and most times I do Susan you know that ... don't play that
childish game with people who got the intel ... like the saying 'don't kill the messenger'.

sometimes I can't for the same nn journo reason par example when it is m to m ...

But in this case it is also a little payback for "sporting suicide" pulled over EE in 2009, and for the sake of it Mikel Astarloza will start in the damn 2011 Vuelta, as for that the Vuelta route might been leaked in advance.
think.gif

Your e-mail would be handy to trow you a line or some excl. stuff before as to some other respected outlets.

The Devil

BANNED
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
childish game with people who got the intel ... like the saying 'don't kill the messenger'.

sometimes I can't for the same nn journo reason par example when it is m to m ...

But in this case it is also a little payback for "sporting suicide" pulled over EE in 2009, and for the sake of it Mikel Astarloza will start in the damn 2011 Vuelta, as for that the Vuelta route might been leaked in advance.
think.gif

eVEN MORE IRRELEVANT NONSENSE

DAOTEC said:

Then at least say something like "my sources tell me". Otherwise it leads to the impression that you are making this stuff up.

Susan

Daotec seems to be right most of the time though, so I think he deserves more respect than a "I need a source or I will ban you", which seems a bit childish to me.

Anyway, Euskaltel Euskadi is, contrary to earlier reports, planning on participating in the Giro next year. My sources say. Actually it was Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
ProTeams 2011:

AG2R
Garmin-Cervélo
Katusha
Lampre-ISD
Omega Pharma-Lotto
Quick Step Cycling Team
Rabobank Cycling Team
Saxo Bank SunGard
Sky ProCycling
Team RadioShack
BMC Racing Team
Euskaltel-Euskadi
HTC-Highroad
Liquigas-Cannondale
Luxembourg Pro Cycling Project
Movistar Team
Pro Team Astana
Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team

Geox denied, UCI what are you doing???

And we don't need Euskatel in the WorldTour! They don't have to ride Paris-Roubaix, Tour de Pologne and Beijing etc ... .

ProTour failed, this will fail too, mark my words.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
armstrong4ever said:
ProTeams 2011:

AG2R
Garmin-Cervélo
Katusha
Lampre-ISD
Omega Pharma-Lotto
Quick Step Cycling Team
Rabobank Cycling Team
Saxo Bank SunGard
Sky ProCycling
Team RadioShack
BMC Racing Team
Euskaltel-Euskadi
HTC-Highroad
Liquigas-Cannondale
Movistar Team
Pro Team Astana

And we don't need Euskatel in the WorldTour! They don't have to ride Paris-Roubaix, Tour de Pologne and Beijing etc ... .

The only team in this list that we really don't need, is that one with just 4 wins in 2010 season :rolleyes:

armstrong4ever said:
ProTeams 2011:

AG2R
Garmin-Cervélo
Katusha
Lampre-ISD
Omega Pharma-Lotto
Quick Step Cycling Team
Rabobank Cycling Team
Saxo Bank SunGard
Sky ProCycling
Team RadioShack
BMC Racing Team
Euskaltel-Euskadi
HTC-Highroad
Liquigas-Cannondale
Movistar Team
Pro Team Astana

First try to spell the name correctly.

And then, I promise you teams like Euskaltel and the rejected Cofidis will be of much, much more value to the ProTour than a HTC, Luxembourg or BMC, to name a few.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Arnout said:
First try to spell the name correctly.

And then, I promise you teams like Euskaltel and the rejected Cofidis will be of much, much more value to the ProTour than a HTC, Luxembourg or BMC, to name a few.

If you find a spelling mistake ... you may keep it.

Anywho I'm not too bummed about Cofidis missing out. As someone said earlier, this will spare them from having to race in Beijing and Canada and so on. That way they can focus more on the European scene and hopefully make a bigger impact. And I hope they'll get a wildcard for the Tour!

TRENDING THREADS