• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
From the front page, the Mosquera article:
The team is also careful to put a certain amount of distance between itself and the controversial rider, who tested positive for EPO at the Vuelta a Espana, in which he finished second overall. He has denied the charges.
No he didn't. He tested positive for hydroxyethyl starch, a possible masking agent for EPO.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Teams invited to Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne 2011:

Omega Pharma-Lotto, Quick Step, BMC, AG2R, Katusha, Garmin Cervelo, Sky, HTC High Road, Luxembourg Cycling Project, Topsport Vlaanderen, Veranda's Willems, Cofidis, Europcar, Landbouwkrediet, Aqua e Sapone, Bretagne Schuler, Française des Jeux, Saur-Sojasun An Post-Sean Kelly, Pegaus, Vacansoleil et Skil-Shimano

Bobbie Traksel's Pegasus team has been invited, despite not yet having an official UCI license. 2 more wildcards yet to be announced

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-kuurne_bruxelles_kuurne_les_equipes_connues-11085.html

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Bobbie Traksel's Pegasus team has been invited, despite not yet having an official UCI license. 2 more wildcards yet to be announced.

Given what he cycled home through, last year, he could have joined the circus on a unicycle and they would probably still have felt obliged to hand out the invitation to their cycling troupe. Some rides give you that right.

I hope for him the UCI will bend over backwards to pass an "ozzie" Pegasus license, something that seems a given (indeed Melo), now they appear to have come this far.

Christian said:
Teams invited to Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne 2011:

Omega Pharma-Lotto, Quick Step, BMC, AG2R, Katusha, Garmin Cervelo, Sky, HTC High Road, Luxembourg Cycling Project, Topsport Vlaanderen, Veranda's Willems, Cofidis, Europcar, Landbouwkrediet, Aqua e Sapone, Bretagne Schuler, Française des Jeux, Saur-Sojasun An Post-Sean Kelly, Pegaus, Vacansoleil et Skil-Shimano

Bobbie Traksel's Pegasus team has been invited, despite not yet having an official UCI license. 2 more wildcards yet to be announced

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-kuurne_bruxelles_kuurne_les_equipes_connues-11085.html
Interesting to see Rabo omitted from that list.

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Rabo will get a spot. Of the seven listed, none of them will be missed. KBK really not their thing.

"ProTeam teams Saxo Bank-SunGard, Lampre-ISD, Astana, Liquigas-Cannondale, Team RadioShack, Team Movistar and Euskaltel-Euskadi will all be absent from the 2011 edition of Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne, with the septet not appearing on the teams list released today by the race organisers.
Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6772/ ... z18QPn2l1m"

I know there is not that much of Saxo left, but I think Canc and Breschel weren't the only ones good on the cobbles?
Ben Hermans at RadioShack would be a good one in the flandres races? Maybe not to animate the race (he needs hills right?), but I'm sorry for the guy if he can't go...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Brice Feillu to start his season at GP La Marseillaise on January 30th.

He says it in this interesting video (French) from the Team camp in Crans Montana. No information yet on what GT(s) he will ride ... it'll be interesting to see! I don't know if there is a spot on the Tour team for him, with Fuglsang and Monfort already certain. But it'd still be fun to see him in Giro or Vuelta.

Christian said:
Brice Feillu to start his season at GP La Marseillaise on January 30th.

He says it in this interesting video (French) from the Team camp in Crans Montana. No information yet on what GT(s) he will ride ... it'll be interesting to see! I don't know if there is a spot on the Tour team for him, with Fuglsang and Monfort already certain. But it'd still be fun to see him in Giro or Vuelta.
Let's hope he can wake up from his yearlong hibernation.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't think he has more talent than Fédrigo or Cyril Dessel for example, but he actually seems to have ambition so that's something new. He took a chance with Vacansoleil even though I'm sure any French team would have been more than glad to take him, and it didn't work out ... now he is, if I'm not mistaken, the only Frenchman with a contract on a top team (except maybe Lequatre and Moinard) so it'll be interesting to see how far he can go

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The Canc got his own bridge in his hometown:

scaled.php

Christian said:
I don't think he has more talent than Fédrigo or Cyril Dessel for example, but he actually seems to have ambition so that's something new. He took a chance with Vacansoleil even though I'm sure any French team would have been more than glad to take him, and it didn't work out ... now he is, if I'm not mistaken, the only Frenchman with a contract on a top team (except maybe Lequatre and Moinard) so it'll be interesting to see how far he can go

Sylvain Chavanel and Jérôme Pineau, Quick Step
Jean-Christophe Peraud, Omega Pharma-Lotto
Romain Sicard and Pierre Cazaux, Euskaltel-Euskadi
Christophe Le Mevel, Garmin-Cervélo
Nicolas Portal, Team Sky

TRENDING THREADS