• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 141 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
In completely unrelated news, the Associação de Ciclismo do Minho has in its calendar the realization of the GP do Minho, an usual race every year here in Portugal that didn't take place this year due to the fact that there was no money to pay for the police. Hopefully it won't happen again and we can have it again on the race calendar (and because it actually happens close to where I live. Aside from the Volta a Portugal there's no pro-cycling in over 100 km here :p )

May 25, 2010
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
Highlights of the African Continental Championships TTT (35 minutes)
http://tesfanews.net/archives/4985

Only 10 minutes of highlights. Some very large crowds there.

One of the South African staff (I think Barry Austin) said that they didn't take into consideration the altitude and that was the difference between them and Eritrea. If we take that at face value, will it change their altitude preparedness for tomorrow relative to Eritrea in the ITT or in the RR later.

No offense but you can't "take into consideration" the altitude only 2-3 days before a race. Getting used to altitude and training in preparation for racing in altitude is 2-3 weeks of work beforehand. So essentially the RSA guy is saying "We ****ed up our preparation".

jens_attacks said:
does anyone know what will happen on friday(11.11.2011) for sure?
the rumours about manolo saiz i mean...
i've heard something like ONCE will sponsor again a cycling team?can this awesome thing happen?what do you think?

Contador tweeted

Un saludo a todos los que formasteis parte de la ONCE ,desde el otro lado del Atlantico,aqui escribe un ex ONCE

of course its probably nothing but maybe there is a reason behind him posting that at this time.

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Argentina is "famous" for its big animal farms. All the meat you eat at Macdonalds, etc comes from Argentina because its low quality and cheap. The big landowners basically bought all the land where the caddle grazes for nothing because they bought it of small farmers who did all the work for them like cutting the woods, etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if anyone who goes to Mcdonalds and is tested, would test positive for Clenbuterol and the likes.

Low quality? you're so wrong... it's cheap 'cause is one of the main producers.

Nielsa said:
Did you hear about the U17 football world cup in Mexico, where half of the players tested positive for clenbuterol?

It was the main squad.

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No. 5 players of the Mexican football team tested positive, you're right about that, but the guy was talking about the U17 world cup held in Mexico, where 109 of the 208 samples cake back positive.

oh, sorry, me bad

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sofía_ said:
Low quality? you're so wrong... it's cheap 'cause is one of the main producers.

It was the main squad.

I'm sure not all the meat is cheap in quality, but I was referring to the meat fast food restaurants buy in large quantities from South American countries, especially the USA(in the past).

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just me making assumptions here, but if Boonen and Valverde(got to start as early as possible) start at San Luis then it will have one hell of a field.

Contador, Boonen, Valverde, Nibali, etc

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Reinardt Jv Rensburg 3rd in African Champs. 1st and 2nd to Eritrea but who is a mystery atm.

The wait for the results may be more thrilling than the race itself.

Women's RR
Ashleigh Moolman won the women's RR, Cherise Taylor finished second, Aurelie Halbwachs from Mauritius 3rd.

Her report of the race

Women's ITT
Cherise Taylor won and Ashleigh Moolman came second in
the Indiviual Time Trial at African Continental Championships in Asmara, Eritrea.

Supporters.jpg

TRENDING THREADS