• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 151 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Pistolero said:
No, it's not the most normal thing in cycling for stuff like this to happen in 2011. Stop trying to provoke people. This isn't six day racing we're talking about here. So you think Gilbert also paid of everyone to win all his races huh? Lol.... He sure has a lot of money then.

Oh and it's not a random video, it's about offering money to win a race.

Just because something happened a lot 10 years ago, doesn't mean it's still like that. Especially for the bigger races. I bet Andy only gets second all the time because he gets paid to lose :eek: There's a big difference in "buying" a GT stage(with money or something else) than it is to buy a GT or Monument.

Boogerd must be the richest man in cycling then. I bet Cavendish isn't really the fastest sprinter in the world! He's just paying Greipel to mess up! Thanks for opening my eyes.

Oh cmon, even in GT's some stage wins it's so obvious the win has been bought.

YOU have to wake up man.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Oh cmon, even in GT's some stage wins it's so obvious the win has been bought.

YOU have to wake up man.

Yeah, GT stages are comparable to Monuments how exactly? When has an overall win in a GT ever been bought?

Please point to me a GT stage that was "obviously bought" this year?

Like I said, you have no proof Monuments are being bought so easily, you're just being a dick here for god knows what reason. What Monument has been obviously bought past few years? Please do tell me. Why doesn't Katusha win more races? They're the richest team, they can just buy wins!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
shocking news! dale parker retires effective immediately and the reason is a total lack of motivation. he was america's biggest u23 and junior talent in some time and a monster in itt already

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
shocking news! dale parker retires effective immediately and the reason is a total lack of motivation. he was america's biggest u23 and junior talent in some time and a monster in itt already

Road for LiveStrong

But has a Kangaroo ans Emu on his passport

images

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Gilbert's start of season has been revealed by Lelangue in Biciclismo.

Philippe Gilbert debut with the BMC in the Tour of Qatar (5-10 February) to continue later in the Tour Haut Var (18-19 February) as "the best preparation for the first Flemish weekend", says the director of BMC John Lelangue in Het Laatste Nieuws.

The classic Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (26 February) is safe for Gilbert and if disputed also the Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne (27 February) will decide the day before.

Then correr´la Strade Bianche (3 March), to follow in the Tirreno-Adriatico (March 7-13), before the Milan-San Remo (March 17) and the rest of major spring classics.
- Bing translation of http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=45635

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Oh my god. I just realised that Gilbert going to BMC means that the forum could be double-teamed by a formidable fanboy alliance of ACF and Pistolet.

April could be a terrifying thing.

We will be forming a formidable alliance during April to destroy any nonsense coming from the Dutch Mafia. The Belgium and ACF mafias are joining forces.:D

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Oh my god. I just realised that Gilbert going to BMC means that the forum could be double-teamed by a formidable fanboy alliance of ACF and Pistolet.

April could be a terrifying thing.

There's always July :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
See the thing is that I will support Evans supporting Gilbert but you won't remotely support Gilbert supporting Evans at the Tour. That is the problem with the alliance! :D

Actually, I think he should help Evans a lot during the Tour because I hope Evans will do the same at the Ardennes :p

And if Contador gets banned I might as well cheer for Evans at the Tour lol. Beats having Andy Schleck or Wiggins win it. Or even worse: old man Horner :eek:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
as expected he will peak very early.it will be something amazing i'm sure.

First win: Tour du Haut-Var

I've always been interested in the duels between Phil and Voeckler, but for some reason it doesn't happen that much. I hope Voeckler will come back to defend his title there. Could be a nice start of the season.

TRENDING THREADS