• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

George W. Bush Rides a 29er

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
obama-bike.jpg

fair is fair hitch

have at this one my friend

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
maybe what hitch is subconsciously saying is Real Elitists are Roadies

john_kerry.jpg

I have seen Kerry on a Serotta and a Felt. Is this another Serotta?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Since for some reason my last post was posted before i pressed "submit reply", and lingered there for 5 minutes before i saved the edited version, i have no idea what was actually written there and hence, no idea to what your responding to.

I am suggesting that you have a little fun and make comment on the post, the picture rather than the people posting all the time. since you asked

The Hitch said:
Shame trolls like this come, give a non sequitur and disapear.

Your opinion on these things and any dreams you may have can be expressed at thousands of other places.

This on the other hand is a bike thread.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I'm not a troll, coont.

I've been here years.

Learn what "non-sequitur" means.

Coont.

Animal said:
I'm not a troll, coont.

I've been here years.

Learn what "non-sequitur" means.

Coont.

Umm, my post clearly calls "Serkhurkul" the troll and accuses him of the non sequitur.

I accused you of neither.

Look at the post again. Read it.

I think they call it "hearing what you want to hear". Or in this case reading what you want to read.

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought a demagogue is a place where Jews go to worship. I guess it is not?

It doesn't even matter, just get back on topic and quit arguing with everyone.

Serkhurkul said:

Epic fail

You might notice that with the exception of the first post everybody i respond to has addressed me directly. :rolleyes:

In some cases, like with the troll who repeatidly called me a Bush fanboy, or with Animal who called me a "coont" (because he failed to read the post properly) I was addressed quite personaly.

Who are you to say that i cannot respont to posts directed at me.:rolleyes: Especially when they are so delibrately insulting.

I have tried to let this thread die many times but when someone like yourself comes in and directs a comment at me, I will respond.

For example, you come in, and with your first post on the forum accuse me, very bizzarely of bringing Jews into the conversation.

You then complain that I am arguing with you after i respond to this.:cool:

If you didnt want me to respond you could have used a dictionary. But you didnt so you have only yourself to blame.

Serkhurkul said:
Ok you need to stop trolling and talk about bicycles.

I thought it would be best to leave your comment alone but looking at it, i couldn’t resist.

Considering your suggestion that others talk about cycling, here is your epic 4 post contribution to the entire forum. Lets see how many times you have talked about anything cycling related.

Serkhurkul said:
Hmm... I was following your arguement until this part. What do Jewish people have to do with any of this?

First post of forum - Mixes up "Demagogue" with "Synagogue"

Serkhurkul said:
Well you said somethings about demagogues...
Post 2 -Doesn’t bother to check a dictionary despite strong signs that he has mixed up the definitions.

Serkhurkul said:
I thought a demagogue is a place where Jews go to worship. I guess it is not?

Post 3 - Concedes he made a mistake but immediately shifts the blame to those who pointed out his mistake, rather than at himself. Complains that there was a response to his post from the person at whom the post was directed.

Serkhurkul said:
Ok you need to stop trolling and talk about bicycles.

And last but by no means least - Suggests others should talk about bikes. :eek:

Yep. Great contribution which the bike enthusiasts on this forum will never forget.
:cool:

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey Hitcher

here is a little help and hint at context mixing politics and cycling with out the blatant use of personal pronouns and finger pointing

------------------------------ Would any sane person ever spend four-thousand + dollars on a bicycle? For that amount of money one could get a motorbike, or better still a second hand car or truck or a years worth of lap dances, a boob job for the mistress or an abortion? But I would rather spend my money on a road bike made in Italy, a country famous for hyper-inflation, rampant homosexuality, shoddy engineering and Fascism. -------------------

How to you spell tool in Italian btw

Serkhurkul said:
You need to calm down and control yourself kid.

This is always the last resort of a bully who has failed. When all else has failed in your attempts to get to someone, the last thing you can do is to suggest that they need to calm themselves down. One last shot. Hope they have thin skin, hope that it gets to them.

But i will just repeat the same point i have made a few times to you.

I am responding to posts directed at me. There is nothing agitating about responding to others. Conversation is a big part of man kind. Someone says something to me, I say something back to them.

You say something to me, I will respond. In fact given your previous contributions to this thread, it is with immense calm that i respond to you, trying to figure out what comical mistake you will make next.

Boeing said:
Hey Hitcher

here is a little help and hint at context mixing politics and cycling with out the blatant use of personal pronouns and finger pointing

------------------------------ Would any sane person ever spend four-thousand + dollars on a bicycle? For that amount of money one could get a motorbike, or better still a second hand car or truck or a years worth of lap dances, a boob job for the mistress or an abortion? But I would rather spend my money on a road bike made in Italy, a country famous for hyper-inflation, rampant homosexuality, shoddy engineering and Fascism. -------------------

How to you spell tool in Italian btw

Look back at the last few pages of this thread. Where do I say anything political. Even when "animal"challenged me I didnt respond to the politics part of his post, just told him its off topic. I left politics alone in this thread 2 months ago.

I left this thread to die 2 months ago, and hoped I wouldnt have to write on it again. It was only "Serkhul" with his totaly brainless contribution that brought me back in.

All my recent contributions here have been responces to the personal attacks by "Animal" and this "Serhukuhl" character.

If you want to complain about posters going on personal back and forths, visit the road section or the clinic section of this forum. look especially at threads based around Landis, Lance or Lemond. It will be heaven to you, trust me.

Considering this thread has for large periods of time been the "bash the Hitch thread" I am happy to let this thread die, just like i have been for the last 2 months,

But every time "Serkuhl" complains I am including Jews in the discussion, "nowhereman" tells me I am not worthy of his superior intellect, or "animal calls me a "coont" because he cant read properly, i will respond. Just like most posters on here would.

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
the hitch must live on a different planet

Hey there hitch Ol' buddy- you may want to read once in awhile and get away from the play station once in awhile. bushy's attrocities to civiliare well documented around the globe in many languages. they are all worng and you are correct ? very republican of you.

Paul Morningstar said:
. they are all worng and you are correct ?

If you want to mock others for making generalisations, it perhaps isnt wise to include this comment:

you may want to read once in awhile and get away from the play station once

claiming anyone who doesnt agree with you doesnt read books.

well documented around the globe in many languages

yes i heard fahrenheit 911 was translated into a few languages, but then again, so was The Fountainhead, and Mein Kampf.

redtreviso said:
Hitch is a PNAC and BFEE fanboi

Do you supposedly international “pro globalisation types” not realise how Amerocentric you are?

Despite being 100% European, and not having been in the US since 95, i get labelled a bush fan boy, a republican and a PNAC fan boy. These are all purely American entities.

No wonder the tea party calls Obama a Marxist. You American extremists have no idea what lies outside your country. One day you might learn of some organisations and political ideologies outside the US . One day :rolleyes:

ps It was my fellow europeans who laughed off suggestions that Bush could be tried in the Hague, which is the ONLY opinion i have put forward in this thread.

But who am I to spoil your fun. Proceed with the “you cant read” “you are a fanboy” etc.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Do you supposedly international “pro globalisation types” not realise how Amerocentric you are?

Despite being 100% European, and not having been in the US since 95, i get labelled a bush fan boy, a republican and a PNAC fan boy. These are all purely American entities.

No wonder the tea party calls Obama a Marxist. You American extremists have no idea what lies outside your country. One day you might learn of some organisations and political ideologies outside the US . One day :rolleyes:

ps It was my fellow europeans who laughed off suggestions that Bush could be tried in the Hague, which is the ONLY opinion i have put forward in this thread.

But who am I to spoil your fun. Proceed with the “you cant read” “you are a fanboy” etc.

You, Me. You, Me. blah, blah, blah. Maybe, just maybe, you (as a condescending, I might add "100% european") just don't truly understand just how traumatizing and negatively the Bush administration, all it's lies, and most especially it's achieved goal of dividing and subduing Americans, has been to many of us here in the States.
This bold new mission he and his cohorts had is still being carried forward by men like Rove, Beck, Limbaugh, Cheney and now the money men of the banking and business world who have been empowered by the ability to contribute massive amounts to our Chamber of Commerce under cover of anonimity, money that goes to the enemies of health care and financial reform of any sort.
This country is currently paralyzed by the discipline of the conservatives in standing solidly against any progress forward as a nation, unless it comes from their own quarters. They are aided by the fools in the Democratic party that call themselves "blue dogs", that undercut what should have been an ability to override Republican objection to progressive bills being passed.
Meanwhile as these MF's stand shoulder to shoulder against any compromise or bipartisan cooperation in governing this country. They point at the Democratic party as the reason that all of our misfortune is happening.
Well, you know what? unless we stop looking at each other as enemies and amplifying our differences, and start looking at our commonalities more than our differences, we are going to be doomed as a country. We are already very far down a bad path, due to the unrelenting and shrill offerings of those like Palin, Rand, Angle and even Boehner. And unfortunately the ignorant electorate of this country doesn't help matters any.The same people who now clamor that they are about to swing back to the Republican party in the upcoming elections, don't seem to realize that they are sealing the deal on paralysis for the next 2 years. Because with the Republicans back in the majority in Congress, they will be trying to push forward their agenda under a Democratic President who is adamantly opposed to many of their ideas, the veto pen will emerge, just as it did in W's last 2 yrs. when the Democrats took power in Congress, and nothing will happen.
What we have in common, as PEOPLE of the planet earth, is what is most essential for us to consider as we all try to move forward. That is not what W or his cohorts have ever, or will ever consider. That is the disgusting legacy that SOB has left us with. Don't preach to us if you're going to boast about being 100% european. Try walking in our shoes, instead of telling us our shoes are dirty.

nowhereman said:
You, Me. You, Me. blah, blah, blah. Maybe, just maybe, you (as a condescending, I might add "100% european") just don't truly understand just how traumatizing and negatively the Bush administration, all it's lies, and most especially it's achieved goal of dividing and subduing Americans, has been to many of us here in the States.
This bold new mission he and his cohorts had is still being carried forward by men like Rove, Beck, Limbaugh, Cheney and now the money men of the banking and business world who have been empowered by the ability to contribute massive amounts to our Chamber of Commerce under cover of anonimity, money that goes to the enemies of health care and financial reform of any sort.
This country is currently paralyzed by the discipline of the conservatives in standing solidly against any progress forward as a nation, unless it comes from their own quarters. They are aided by the fools in the Democratic party that call themselves "blue dogs", that undercut what should have been an ability to override Republican objection to progressive bills being passed.
Meanwhile as these MF's stand shoulder to shoulder against any compromise or bipartisan cooperation in governing this country. They point at the Democratic party as the reason that all of our misfortune is happening.
Well, you know what? unless we stop looking at each other as enemies and amplifying our differences, and start looking at our commonalities more than our differences, we are going to be doomed as a country. We are already very far down a bad path, due to the unrelenting and shrill offerings of those like Palin, Rand, Angle and even Boehner. And unfortunately the ignorant electorate of this country doesn't help matters any.The same people who now clamor that they are about to swing back to the Republican party in the upcoming elections, don't seem to realize that they are sealing the deal on paralysis for the next 2 years. Because with the Republicans back in the majority in Congress, they will be trying to push forward their agenda under a Democratic President who is adamantly opposed to many of their ideas, the veto pen will emerge, just as it did in W's last 2 yrs. when the Democrats took power in Congress, and nothing will happen.
What we have in common, as PEOPLE of the planet earth, is what is most essential for us to consider as we all try to move forward. That is not what W or his cohorts have ever, or will ever consider. That is the disgusting legacy that SOB has left us with. Don't preach to us if you're going to boast about being 100% european. Try walking in our shoes, instead of telling us our shoes are dirty.

this post would have been a lot more welcome 3 months ago rather than the " you are too stupid to argue with me" line you took instead

For you see, i would agree with almost everything you say here. I and the few people whose politics i support, have as much hate, for Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity and worst of all Coulter, as any reader of Harpers or the Nation.

But, because i made a defense of president Bush (a man i at no point supported) against the pretty serious charge of War Crimes ( a position held by a far larger number of people than you think) your attitude, was to automatically dismiss me as a bible thumping, NRA carrying, gay hating, meat eating, Palin supporting, Odonell voting, social conservative.

Maybe you should rethink this logic :rolleyes:

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
this post would have been a lot more welcome 3 months ago rather than the " you are too stupid to argue with me" line you took instead

For you see, i would agree with almost everything you say here. I and the few people whose politics i support, have as much hate, for Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity and worst of all Coulter, as any reader of Harpers or the Nation.

But, because i made a defense of president Bush (a man i at no point supported) against the pretty serious charge of War Crimes ( a position held by a far larger number of people than you think) your attitude, was to automatically dismiss me as a bible thumping, NRA carrying, gay hating, meat eating, Palin supporting, Odonell voting, social conservative.

Maybe you should rethink this logic :rolleyes:

Oop's you made me go back and look at the previous posts! I completely forgot that you are an absolute lunatic, that is totally committed to relentlessly answering everybody and anybody with absolutely fictional garbage. Well, you keep masturbating, over there in Europe. I'm sorry I got back in your way. But you might follow your own recommendation and look back at my previous entries and discover that i never categorized you as any of the things you mentioned above. You've got a lot of problems( delusional is certainly one of them, based on your accusations that so many people have so many labels for you that they never once uttered), but they're not my problems. So our dialogue is finished. I forgot how profound you really are.:p
SEE YA!

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Bravo NWM

Like some of the so-called politicians you mention , Hitch can only get mad when someone questions his dogmatic statements. Like them his only retort is to Bully the opponent.