• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geraint Thomas, the next british hope

Page 74 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looking at him dropping the almost 15kg lighter Dunbar on the super steep stuff is a bit comical. I think many people seem to give Thomas a pass because unlike Froome or Wiggins he comes off as actually likable and seems to be well liked by many riders (also by those outside the anglosphere).

• Haha
Reactions: noob
So why is there a disproportionate bias to talking doping when a British rider wins? I mean culturally, historically and statistically the real violations say otherwise?
You're gonna have to accept the entire world hates the British.
The entire world is just so obsessed with how succesfull the British are. Not to mention how much anglophobia has infected this site.

So why is there a disproportionate bias to talking doping when a British rider wins? I mean culturally, historically and statistically the real violations say otherwise?
There isn't. What exists is a bigger scrutiny eyed through transformations that occur late in the career of a rider. The fact GB had Sir TUE, Dawg and Giiiiii in quick succession didn't translate into the same level of scrutiny towards TGH who is also pretty sus but actually showed some climbing talent early in his career, for example. Neither would the same level of outrage ensue if Little Pidcock started to compete for GT wins. On the other hand, Horner was properly ridiculed with his Vuelta win. There are several examples like this that nullify the hilarious narrative about anti-British bias.

TRENDING THREADS