• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Geraint Thomas

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good performance and minus one stage a strong contender to finish second overall. Nonetheless Thomas was rather consistent through the whole race and finished on the podium, again.

P.S. Obviously that is a very strong sign, Thomas will never finish on a GT podium again, as media started to spin this.

Reactions: xo 1
I still continue to think peak Geraint Thomas, was Geraint Thomas version Tour France 2022, not Geraint Thomas version Tour France 2018.

In the Tour France 2022, he had to ride in a way that was not comfortable zone for him, and he succeded well, because he was by far the third best climber. He dropped all the other GT riders except for Vingegaard and Pogacar.

It's something that not happened in this Giro, clearly the age started to affected him, and that's something normal.

I hope he doesn't. It wasn't that special with Wiggo and I'm quite sure it's not going to be for him.. Well how people think it of course, from racing protective or just to participate? I'm guessing his racing days are gone after this season. Super career anyways.

Stranger things have of course happened, but Thomas has a contract for next year as well.

I still continue to think peak Geraint Thomas, was Geraint Thomas version Tour France 2022, not Geraint Thomas version Tour France 2018.

In the Tour France 2022, he had to ride in a way that was not comfortable zone for him, and he succeded well, because he was by far the third best climber. He dropped all the other GT riders except for Vingegaard and Pogacar.

It's something that not happened in this Giro, clearly the age started to affected him, and that's something normal.
I don’t disagree.

He was also looking like the favorite for the Giro in 2020 when he hit the water bottle in the neutral zone. He could very well have won given that Tao was his domestique.

I hope he doesn't. It wasn't that special with Wiggo and I'm quite sure it's not going to be for him.. Well how people think it of course, from racing protective or just to participate? I'm guessing his racing days are gone after this season. Super career anyways.
Thomas has a very decent track record on (mostly flandrien) cobbles, which Wiggins lacked. I think could be better for him tbh

Thomas has a very decent track record on (mostly flandrien) cobbles, which Wiggins lacked. I think could be better for him tbh

True, I guess we all know how more punchy and more Classics able he was back then. I'm just guessing he has came so far after those days, that maybe it's not going to happen. At least that's how it sounds to me when listening his podcast.

Then again he lately said in a pod that it's always the same thing right after the race; never again, but few days later he's thinking, well what's next in the calendar.

But the young generation swing is really rough at the moment, same Tadejs Remcos Mathieus Vouts etc etc are lined up there at the cobbles and classics. It's never getting easier, they just go faster.

Reactions: Sandisfan