• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2019 Field Discussion/Speculation

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Alexandre B. said:
According to Kristoff, Aru will lead UAE and be the sole leader - meaning no sprinters.

Make Aru Great Again.
images

Rollthedice said:
Red Rick said:
Armchair cyclist said:
So does this mean that everyone other than the French teams has already conceded the Tour?
you call it conceding.

I call it denying it's prestige

Wait till the Dumoulins and Nibalis start crushing the July dreams of a certain team which will be no more in 2020.
I've asked a seer when that would happen. He said that would happen after the Dutch win a World Cup, and when Andy Murray wins the Australian Open, and not before :(

Who is avoiding TdF and why?
Dumo? Maybe yes, because of lack of ITT;
Almost retired Nibali? Maybe yes, he always prefers Giro;
Valverde? I hope so, TdF 2019 altitudes are great;
S. Yates? If he avoids Tour, yes, it's bad news.

And all the moaning about 2019 route, Sky wins, can't change the fact: Tour the France is the most prestigious, the biggest race in calendar.

Armchair cyclist said:
Red Rick said:
Armchair cyclist said:
So does this mean that everyone other than the French teams has already conceded the Tour?
you call it conceding.

I call it denying it's prestige

Do you really believe that the motivation for the teams sending their top GC guys to the Giro is to belittle the achievement of whoever subsequently wins the Tour?
Ofcourse I believe that.

Having said, I am also truly incapable of sarcsm.

Re:

yaco said:
I'm fairly confident that no Sky rider will win the 2019 TDF - Froome is on the decline and can Thomas repeat his form - Strangest thing is this the best TDF profile for a number of years.

I can't believe Thomas got round one GT without a catastrophic fall, expecting him to do two in a row seems a bit much.

TRENDING THREADS