• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d‘Italia 2024 Stage 15, Manerba del Garda-Livigno (Mottolino), 222 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I usually stick to the topic and discuss what opinions others express here or my own. If someone thinks that's patronising, that's their prerogative.

Is there anything on the topic of the thread that you disagree with me about specifically? Or is it just bad vibes?
I understand thats your perspective but I dont think it is a good attitude to have. Not seeming to care about how someone will/can interpret your words.

Anyway, I havent read all the posts so far. Just seeing multiple people seemingly having what you call "bad vibes", so you do seem aware about it, and I think I will side with the majority on that one.

Have a good day and lets enjoy the race.

Pellizotti: "It's important to manage your efforts. Don't go too deep and ride always with the head. Also, if you are maybe a little bit in difficulty or the other riders try some attacks, it's better to only follow the pace and in the end after this stage I think the last part is difficult also - because the last 2 km are really steep, and for this I think it's too difficult to try some attacks."

Pellizotti: "It's important to manage your efforts. Don't go too deep and ride always with the head. Also, if you are maybe a little bit in difficulty or the other riders try some attacks, it's better to only follow the pace and in the end after this stage I think the last part is difficult also - because the last 2 km are really steep, and for this I think it's too difficult to try some attacks."
So we won‘t even get the Sicilian descent attack.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
Thanks for reminding us, neither the 2020 Col de la Loze stage nor the 2022 Granon stage had over 4500m of climbing. Seriously, using the finishing position is about the worst statistic you could possible use in cycling.
Its also just weird to apply stuff from 2020 to todays Pogacar.

IMO its clear Pogacar isnt as great on tappones with extreme amounts of climbing as he is at stages woth 2 or 3 20 to 30 minute climbs, but the extent of the difference gets comically oversold

I guess, dolphins just aren't sharks (yes I know how bad they can be IRL)

Its also just weird to apply stuff from 2020 to todays Pogacar.

IMO its clear Pogacar isnt as great on tappones with extreme amounts of climbing as he is at stages woth 2 or 3 20 to 30 minute climbs, but the extent of the difference gets comically oversold
In this particular Giro he's leagues beyond anyone else on ANY kind of climbing stage, plus equal first in TTing and honestly probably top 10 in sprinting.

Vs Vingegaard I probably agree about tapponi (is that the plural?) But I would say that in good shape he's as good as anyone in the context of GT GC (by that I mean he is racing to win the overall rather than snagging a stage win).

Now...that said...he is more likely to have a bad day on a tappone-type stage...question is whether any of his opponents are strong enough to take advantage of it.

In this particular Giro he's leagues beyond anyone else on ANY kind of climbing stage, plus equal first in TTing and honestly probably top 10 in sprinting.

Vs Vingegaard I probably agree about tapponi (is that the plural?) But I would say that in good shape he's as good as anyone in the context of GT GC (by that I mean he is racing to win the overall rather than snagging a stage win).

Now...that said...he is more likely to have a bad day on a tappone-type stage...question is whether any of his opponents are strong enough to take advantage of it.
Is it a question if you know the answer is a resounding no