• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d‘Italia 2024, Stage 5, Genova-Lucca, 178 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, the Madrid stage and Limburg last year really proved that he is a loser wheelsucker....
I didn’t say anything about wheelsucking—all sprinters need to stay in the pack and have teammates work for them. My point is from that position none of the sprinters have much a sense of how often there is a moto in front of the peloton and of course they have No Idea Whatsoever how much time motos helped the break.

Sorry moving target, that quote was from Tobydawg. I screwed something up in the comment box.

Perhaps Lipowitz lost time on purpose

He was almost too good as a mountain dom the other day, let him off the leash and go for some stages+KOM maybe
Unless he lost it by letting go in the final kms, it makes little sense. It's not enough to get a free pass to go in breaks. And riding alone 1m behind the peloton is hardly saving energy either.

Wonder how that happened. He definitely will not be going for GC at this rate of random time losses.
Which rate of random timelosses do you mean? He couldn't follow on the first day. So the only random loss was today. Or did he lose time in other stages?

Which rate of random timelosses do you mean? He couldn't follow on the first day. So the only random loss was today. Or did he lose time in other stages?

I consider him not being able to follow the first day also somewhat random. As in I don't see why a guy who can chew of 10 seconds from Pogacars lead the one day, looses time on the mentioned two other days out of 5 overall. It's a bit wild for inconsistency don't you think?
That's what I meant by random.

Reactions: KOM
Wonder how that happened. He definitely will not be going for GC at this rate of random time losses.
1125093604_740215_0000000001_noticia_grande.jpg