• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2018 STAGE 4: Catania – Caltagirone 198 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dcr6CB8W0AAH-fD.jpg

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome loses 23 seconds. That's 19 seconds to most of the other favorites.
Ouch
Superman at 23s as well.
That's bad for Superman as well. I thought I saw him came in in the main group. But if he keeps bleeding in these stages as well as bleed truckloads of time in the ITT then it's gonna be an uphill battle that's very steep.
Looked to me like Astana were prioritising Luisle's 8th place today. There were 3 or 4 at the front at all times, but Superman was nowhere to be found amongst those 4.

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Red Rick said:
DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome loses 23 seconds. That's 19 seconds to most of the other favorites.
Ouch
Superman at 23s as well.
That's bad for Superman as well. I thought I saw him came in in the main group. But if he keeps bleeding in these stages as well as bleed truckloads of time in the ITT then it's gonna be an uphill battle that's very steep.
Looked to me like Astana were prioritising Luisle's 8th place today. There were 3 or 4 at the front at all times, but Superman was nowhere to be found amongst those 4.
Poor teamwork if that is the case!

Re:

Laplaz said:
Froome should be 1 minute behind now in the GC.
Nah, Dumoulin finished at 4s today too, so it's 56s.

But it's absolutely huge compared to the say 10/15 seconds you might expect after the prologue. And Froome looks vulnerable. Tomorrow is another trickey stage with a similar climb that tops out at 1km to go, and the day after we have the Etna. Froome has about no margin for error even if he finds his form later in the race.

TRENDING THREADS