• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2018 STAGE 4: Catania – Caltagirone 198 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Those final 10 Kilometers were exciting. Great winner for a great stage :)
Meanwhile I still think Froome is injured or at least still hurt. He usually just doesn't lose time on climbs like this. Maybe the same counts for Lopez but I give him the benefit of the doubt as he has always been bad on these sort of finishes. I really hope both are fine. I'm not a fan of froome, but he starting the serious mountains with significant time to make up could be very entertaining

Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
alspacka said:
Laplaz said:
Froome should be 1 minute behind now in the GC.

I wonder how much his form is due to crash or just poor shape. If it continues and he loses time on Etna I think they'll pull him out and concentrate on TDF.

Will he be giving back the 1.5 million then?

What is a concern for SKY is the whole team look poor at this stage
Why? Israel paid him, not RCS.

DNP-Old said:
HelloDolly said:
alspacka said:
Laplaz said:

I wonder how much his form is due to crash or just poor shape. If it continues and he loses time on Etna I think they'll pull him out and concentrate on TDF.

RCS got Israel to pay him ...so they want him for th whole race and he just cant up and leave cos he is not wining

HelloDolly said:
alspacka said:
Laplaz said:

Elissonde dragged the peloton until 1 K to go, Poels placed better than Froome. their terrain is the long climbs, they´ll be ready

HelloDolly said:
DNP-Old said:
HelloDolly said:
alspacka said:
Laplaz said:

RCS got Israel to pay him ...so they want him for th whole race and he just cant up and leave cos he is not wining

If Froome is out of contention early I think he will definitely leave the race and gamble on being included in the Tour. Appearance money has nothing to do with the result it is about appearing on the start line. I have a feeling that Sky have been downplaying his fall otherwise the Etna stage could be interesting. The last thing his rivals will want is a headwind at the top of Etna as has happened before, which neutralized attacks.

Rollthedice said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Laplaz said:
55s down now. But still upbeat in the RAI interview
"Etna will be the acid test" -- Davide Cassani

Froome rides as bad and talks as much nonsense like Contador post ban 2013 except he is pre ban.

Whenever Contador downplayed his chances you knew he would win or do something impressive.......

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
1h after the race, still no full result. I love Italy
We have our priorities, having a post race talk show at the finish line where everyone is talking a lot without saying anything relevant is more important, that's so Italian. :D

Froome dealing with Contador like setbacks for sure. Contador dealt with crashes in most of his failures and in some of his successes, notably Giro 2015. And people often were disparaging of his post-crash efforts. I am guessing Froome would not be down 55s if not for the crash. We'll see if he can recover to win as Contador did in 2015.

Re:

VayaVayaVaya said:
Froome dealing with Contador like setbacks for sure. Contador dealt with crashes in most of his failures and in some of his successes, notably Giro 2015. And people often were disparaging of his post-crash efforts. I am guessing Froome would not be down 55s if not for the crash. We'll see if he can recover to win as Contador did in 2015.

The race has barely started but the time gap to Dumoulin is already bad. Not so bad in relation to other riders. I think Dumoulin will be attacked more in the mountains this year so it will be interesting.

[/quote]

If Froome is out of contention early I think he will definitely leave the race and gamble on being included in the Tour. Appearance money has nothing to do with the result it is about appearing on the start line. I have a feeling that Sky have been downplaying his fall otherwise the Etna stage could be interesting. The last thing his rivals will want is a headwind at the top of Etna as has happened before, which neutralized attacks.[/quote]

Since i am one of the people who thinks he shouldnt be riding in the first place i couldnt care when he leaves but I doubt he can with such a high appearance fee without some stipulations

Maybe today he just lost his inhaler

TRENDING THREADS