• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, Stage 3: Enna – Etna 150 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Money would be on a breakaway taking the stage with a decent climber from a team who don’t have GC as their primary aim.

If it comes back together I would fancy Almeida to have a go to try and grab the Maglia Rosa which would probably suit Ineos as Ganna will likely not stay within close enough range on such a long climb.

And anyway Tirreno-Adriatico ”worked” in the same sense that the Osterreich Rundfahrt works. It took place, but it was completely overshadowed. The same would happen with any other race.
I would say that Tirreno fared considerably better than Österreich Rundfahrt, which may not be a surprise given that it is a much bigger race. I don't know the TV ratings, but at least judging from the media coverage and forum talk, the race was not completely forgotten about. In addition, I also sense that this year's Tour was less intensely followed by mainstream media and probably did not have the same universal audience as is usually the case when the race is held in july. However, the more niche audience for a race like Tirreno probably wasn't too affected.

Ok, this is rather preliminary data, but I don't see a drop in TV audience in the Tour

And edit

Reactions: Sandisfan
Usually early stages means everybody is playing defensive or just getting up to speed with their forms. The second reason is wind. Maybe tomorrow there is no wind. I read somewhere that depends from which side is raced. Maybe somebody that knows the area can educate us about it.

Usually early stages means everybody is playing defensive or just getting up to speed with their forms. The second reason is wind. Maybe tomorrow there is no wind. I read somewhere that depends from which side is raced. Maybe somebody that knows the area can educate us about it.
From the bottom to the top is harder and more selective.
Nibali's fine if it's the other way around too.

If you get to the top and it's a clear day, from this side of the mountain you can see all the northeastern part of Sicily and beyond.
Right before Calabria, you'll notice a pointy strip of sea, where countless battles, trades and earthquakes took place.
Yeah that's right, it's the strait of Messina, home of Lo Squalo dello Stretto.

You know who is going to win today.

Reactions: Carols

TRENDING THREADS