• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2022 route rumors

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vegni redemption arc incoming?

The stage to Reggio (201 km) is said to be the longest of the Giro lol

If this is true. Vegni...

youre-fired.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't think it is true but if it is real this stage would be a human cruelty. I understand Gigs when he says that Fedaia as a MTF is not good, and I agree, but the preceding mountains are so hard and the length of the stage long enough that I cannot see anything less than riders coming in ones and twos.

Personally I don't think it will happen.
What's Italian for "lmao not happening"

• Haha
So, I wanted to check the route of the Giro out, but turns out they have only revealed the sprint stages and the grand depart. Lmao, wtf is this.... hope this doesnt get too popular in the future, what a shitty way to bring some 'excitement' into the presentation. Like, please.............

So, I wanted to check the route of the Giro out, but turns out they have only revealed the sprint stages and the grand depart. Lmao, wtf is this.... hope this doesnt get too popular in the future, what a shitty way to bring some 'excitement' into the presentation. Like, please.............
Just RCS doing RCS stuff, they really don't know how to do basic marketing.
The should take pride in the fact that the Giro usually has the hardest mountain stages and sell it as "the world's hardest race in the world's most beautiful country".

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
I don't think it is true but if it is real this stage would be a human cruelty. I understand Gigs when he says that Fedaia as a MTF is not good, and I agree, but the preceding mountains are so hard and the length of the stage long enough that I cannot see anything less than riders coming in ones and twos.

Personally I don't think it will happen.
the longest stage is gonna be 201 km long, so no, it is not gonna happen.