• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2024 Stage 17: Selva di Val Gardena/Wolkenstein in Gröden – Passo Brocon, 159.0k

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
True, but that's team tactics, and not just down to him. I was looking more at his individual abilities and why he races like he does in most races.

The problem with your Idea is that Bahrain would react to an Arensman attack, and at some point Tiberi personally. So isolating Martinez is easy, getting rid of him not so much I guess. Today you could also see that many teams rode, for some reason, so this plan seems like it would have been rather doomed to begin with.

But yeah, they should be more aggressive.
Tbf though, he's the leader of the team. The fact that they never do that is on him as much as it's on Ineos. If he was to tell them, we're going to try this today, I'm sure they'd try it

Reactions: Sandisfan
Tbf though, he's the leader of the team. The fact that they never do that is on him as much as it's on Ineos. If he was to tell them, we're going to try this today, I'm sure they'd try it

Yes I am not arguing that he has no part in it, just that I was more focused on his abilities in my original post.
I agree he should suggest something like that. If he's at all strong enough. If not than it would be stupid to gamble on Arensman taking 3 minutes on everyone and therefore possibly loose 3rd.

But my original intent was to state that I don't think he is a disgrace for cycling. I am not saying he isn't an unexiting rider and I've never fancied him even a bit.

Reactions: Sandisfan