• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2025 Route: Speculation, Rumours and Announcements

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To be fair, the same could be said for Planche des Belles Filles which is also always used in the first half of the race when it has been a road stage. Yet people hate it (probably because it has been used very frequently).
My impression is that people mostly hated the Super version. I don't think its inclusions in 2014 and 2017 were particularly ill-received.

To be fair, the same could be said for Planche des Belles Filles which is also always used in the first half of the race when it has been a road stage. Yet people hate it (probably because it has been used very frequently).
I think you are either conflating the gravel ramp version with the normal version, or Libertine's semi-tongue-in-cheek opinion with majority opinion on here.

I don't know, I am starting to get excited about this. A foreign start could bring a boat ton of cash into the race. It sounds like they're still planning on going into Slovenia which could attract one or both of the Slovenians. Last I heard Jonas is still iffy about the race. I read here too that stage 21 in Rome could be an individual time trial? Throw in some climbs tied to the Olympics? I know you guys love to analyze the specifics of different climbs, I just think that in abstract, this looks like a Giro that could build on the momentum of Roglic and Pog winning the last two years.

Reactions: Sandisfan