• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 10: Termoli-Teramo, 159km

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Planimetria

Altimetria

Ultimi km

Cav. There's a subtle drag uphill for the final kilometres, and the sprint is on a 4% uphill.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
That isn't an uphill finish, 100m at 4% makes very little difference. The sprinters will maybe have to wait till 150 to go to launch but whoever kicks fastest at that point will be able to hold their speed up the slope.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
riobonito92 said:
Why are they ruining all the potential spring stages by having uphill finishes.

:rolleyes:
LOL? Seriously?

indurain666 said:
Another pancake flat sprinters' stage, Contador is going to win it :D

Dont tease him so much cuz He is in full attack mode! :D

I feel like putting my money on Ferrari... He has an outstanding form!
But Alejet or Ventoso would be the safe bet...
IF Ventoso takes it again my Velogames team will thank him :cool:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
So far every stage has had a different team win. How long can they keep it up.

Probably ends tomorow with Lampre HTC and Androni being the favourites.

Sp we will tip one of Colnago's sprinters to win then ;)

It's either this or stage 12 that the sprinters can win.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Kristoff is starting to become favourable amongst posters! I am liking this! Now i feel more upbeat about him doing well I might wake up at 12:40am and watch the last half hour.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Could be a break since SBS wont work to defend the jersey this early. If it ends in a sprint I think Petacchi will take it, though my heart says Cav, and I am sure he is so very eager to win

May 27, 2010
Visit site
riobonito92 said:
Why are they ruining all the potential spring stages by having uphill finishes.

Thats because its the crazy giro. dont tell me you prefer having a boring old pan flat sprint with cav winning. TGAK for the win!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Thats because its the crazy giro. dont tell me you prefer having a boring old pan flat sprint with cav winning. TGAK for the win!
I've just messaged him on twitter. I gave encouragement and told him to stick on Wyss' wheel until 200m (not 300m) and then launch your sprint.
All is good now Kristoff has guidance from ACF.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I've just messaged him on twitter. I gave encouragement and told him to stick on Wyss' wheel until 200m (not 300m) and then launch your sprint.
All is good now Kristoff has guidance from ACF.

Ya you should coach him on his positioning which he has been improving on. Not sure if he will get a leadout.