• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 15: Conegliano - Gardeccia-Val di Fassa 229km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
flatclimb said:
I've got a Eurosport stream going with the French open. Should I just leave it open and hope for the best? I got the link from Steephill.tv

Giro coverage on Eurosport will start around 14:00 CET. (about 1:30 from now)

Hugo Koblet said:
As much as I dislike Sastre and thinks he's overrated, he shouldn't be underestimated today to be honest.

I think Sastre does best on these epic mountain days. In 2009 he won stage 16

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2009//giro09/?id=stages/giro0916

and in 2008 he won the stage to alpe d'huez in the tour.

He finished a way back yesterday, maybe to give him a better chance of being allowed away - Menchov is Geox's GC man. He's not in the form of 2008/9 of course but maybe he will be the strongest from the group.

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! I'll try to stay up long enough to watch a bit of it.

Since I'm here I'll say that I've got my fingers crossed that Nibali can make something of these last stages. Not that I don't like the other contenders but you've gotta cheer for someone.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
gilbertador said:
Could be a hilly L'aquila

With such a large strong group, it will be hard for saxo and liquigas. Letting Nieve taking the leaders jersey may not be sucha bad idea but I guess AC would be likely to take it back off him in the MITT.

Jul 21, 2010
www.cyclingquotes.com
While Nieve has probably been of the best this Giro amongst these guys, I just don't see him doing the spectacular today. He must have used a lot of strength pulling the last couple of days.

Sella to do best!

SBS should start working hard soon, this is a very dangerous breakaway.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Opalius said:
While Nieve has probably been of the best this Giro amongst these guys, I just don't see him doing the spectacular today. He must have used a lot of strength pulling the last couple of days.

Sella to do best!

SBS should start working hard soon, this is a very dangerous breakaway.

Expect this...

arrivo_photoscanferla_612_600.jpg

:eek: