Giulio Ciccone thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
At least he is the sort of rider who I expect to go for stage wins instead of riding for 7th place or something like that, but yeah, today was pretty disappointing.
I suspect he'll just keep trying to attack until he either wins a stage from the lead group, improves his positioning to threaten podium (unlikely but who knows) or blows up so badly he is allowed into a break in the last week.

Mar 13, 2021
Very sad for him, he looked in good form the entire giro, and with the collapse of a few of his opponents today he could have gotten very close to the top-5.

Very unfortunate race with that mechanical on the wrong time and then the fall after that. Hopefully we will see him for GC again in the Vuelta, after a very good and consistent Giro until the fall.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Very sad for him, he looked in good form the entire giro, and with the collapse of a few of his opponents today he could have gotten very close to the top-5.

Very unfortunate race with that mechanical on the wrong time and then the fall after that. Hopefully we will see him for GC again in the Vuelta, after a very good and consistent Giro until the fall.
The plan was that he'll go for the gc the first time at the Vuelta.
I hope his back is ok and not a bigger problem.

Mar 13, 2021
The plan was that he'll go for the gc the first time at the Vuelta.
I hope his back is ok and not a bigger problem.
Yes i know, still he was in contention for a top spot in his home GT, and it is sad to see his challenge end this way. Even though i expect he will show nice things in future Giros, it is never sure now these things turn out.

ASK THE COMMUNITY