• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

GP Quebec (8-9-2017) and GP Montreal (10-9-2017) WT

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sagan went on the uphill, then GVA pulled for a bit, but they never got away from the group behind, so I don't really think it was about not wanting to work together, but rather not wanting to pull the whole bunch - while there were still teammates of other contenders there. They just never had a real gap.
 
Re:

Jagartrott said:
Sagan was actually helped out by a lot of teams (Sky, QS, Sunweb). He just needed one Bora to help close the gap, and they'd have done it. No point in looking at others this time.

You're right he got the help eventually, but it was too late. After the polytechnique, that gap rised at least 10s until Mathews got back. Gva, Sagan and dumoulin would have caught them.

But yeah, postlberger imploded a little after all the work he'd done
 
Re:

Jagartrott said:
Sagan went on the uphill, then GVA pulled for a bit, but they never got away from the group behind, so I don't really think it was about not wanting to work together, but rather not wanting to pull the whole bunch - while there were still teammates of other contenders there. They just never had a real gap.
No , he did not pulled. He tried to escape from Sagan after Sagan hard pull. When he saw Sagan was bridging, he stopped.
 
Aug 6, 2015
4,139
2
0
Visit site
I don't understand why there are people mad with gva, he is always glued to sagan's wheel in every single race. He is very strong but he lacks panache, charisma
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
2
0
Visit site
Wellens really strong in a race with nice weather, this form seems to be great. If we get a really rainy day in Bergen we could see an epic long range attack.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Last two laps were really nice. Well actually last 50km

Great race unlike Quebec! Nice tactics and win by UAE with Ulissi. I thought Slagter would have it when he was in his wheel but he kinda died.

I don't understand why Mollema did such an effort to catch Gallopin.. tactical suicide. :lol:

Also saw a real strong Henao and Wellens, but they were caught in the peloton..

Screecher said:
Absolutely pathetic racing from GVA and Matthews. Not a single pull from them, through we're used to that from Matthews, but not GVA.

Matthews couldn't even follow Dumoulin when he tried to bring him back to Sagan's wheel. Absolutely pathetic that Dumoulin had to sacrifise himself again for Matthews. I'm really pissed off about that.

Because he's faster. Dumoulin wont beat Sagan and GVA in a sprint, and they wont let him go away.
 
Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Last two laps were really nice. Well actually last 50km

Great race unlike Quebec! Nice tactics and win by UAE with Ulissi. I thought Slagter would have it when he was in his wheel but he kinda died.

I don't understand why Mollema did such an effort to catch Gallopin.. tactical suicide. :lol:

Also saw a real strong Henao and Wellens, but they were caught in the peloton..

Screecher said:
Absolutely pathetic racing from GVA and Matthews. Not a single pull from them, through we're used to that from Matthews, but not GVA.

Matthews couldn't even follow Dumoulin when he tried to bring him back to Sagan's wheel. Absolutely pathetic that Dumoulin had to sacrifise himself again for Matthews. I'm really pissed off about that.

Because he's faster. Dumoulin wont beat Sagan and GVA in a sprint, and they wont let him go away.
Couldn't have won otherwise, maybe if he had sneaked with Mollema to the first group
 
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Wellens really strong in a race with nice weather, this form seems to be great. If we get a really rainy day in Bergen we could see an epic long range attack.

The 20ish degree weather has never been a problem for him, it's when the temperature hits 27, 28 when he gets in trouble. And even then it isn't always a problem if it's just for one day.

But yeah, he was pretty impressive today. Hope it rains in Bergen and the Belgian leaders give him a free role.
 
Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Last two laps were really nice. Well actually last 50km

Great race unlike Quebec! Nice tactics and win by UAE with Ulissi. I thought Slagter would have it when he was in his wheel but he kinda died.

I don't understand why Mollema did such an effort to catch Gallopin.. tactical suicide. :lol:

Also saw a real strong Henao and Wellens, but they were caught in the peloton..

Screecher said:
Absolutely pathetic racing from GVA and Matthews. Not a single pull from them, through we're used to that from Matthews, but not GVA.

Matthews couldn't even follow Dumoulin when he tried to bring him back to Sagan's wheel. Absolutely pathetic that Dumoulin had to sacrifise himself again for Matthews. I'm really pissed off about that.

Because he's faster. Dumoulin wont beat Sagan and GVA in a sprint, and they wont let him go away.
You don't get the point. The could have let him attack earlier. Try to get in a group like Mollema. But no..
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
2
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

Samamba said:
Mayomaniac said:
Wellens really strong in a race with nice weather, this form seems to be great. If we get a really rainy day in Bergen we could see an epic long range attack.

The 20ish degree weather has never been a problem for him, it's when the temperature hits 27, 28 when he gets in trouble. And even then it isn't always a problem if it's just for one day.

But yeah, he was pretty impressive today. Hope it rains in Bergen and the Belgian leaders give him a free role.
Yeah, I remember how he finished 9th in the hard Monte Grappa MTT with sunny weather.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Last two laps were really nice. Well actually last 50km

Great race unlike Quebec! Nice tactics and win by UAE with Ulissi. I thought Slagter would have it when he was in his wheel but he kinda died.

I don't understand why Mollema did such an effort to catch Gallopin.. tactical suicide. :lol:

Also saw a real strong Henao and Wellens, but they were caught in the peloton..

Screecher said:
Absolutely pathetic racing from GVA and Matthews. Not a single pull from them, through we're used to that from Matthews, but not GVA.

Matthews couldn't even follow Dumoulin when he tried to bring him back to Sagan's wheel. Absolutely pathetic that Dumoulin had to sacrifise himself again for Matthews. I'm really pissed off about that.

Because he's faster. Dumoulin wont beat Sagan and GVA in a sprint, and they wont let him go away.
You don't get the point. The could have let him attack earlier. Try to get in a group like Mollema. But no..

He tried earlier, when Uran went on that first climb, but Sagan reacted when he saw Dumoulin is moving. That's why I said they wont let him go...
 
Sagan has had enough of Van Avermaet, and rightfully so.

DJZc-ktW4AEPyrg.jpg