• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 972 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Active? Yes* (As much as he ever has been)
European? No* (but Yes by birth. accent, residence and, I strongly suspect, passport)
Set to retire? No
Transcontinental country? No
Dark hair? Yes (but a white beard)
Currently unable to race? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Works as a cycling commentator? No
Is a DS/general manager/team owner? No
Ever actually a pro cyclist? No, but has raced against them
Santa Clause? No
Has he been employed as Danny DeVito's twin brother? No

A race organizer? No
A current or former president of a cycling federation? No

European? No* (but Yes by birth. accent, residence and, I strongly suspect, passport)
Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No

Raced against the pros in an official race? Yes

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Raced against the pros in an official race? Yes (a very official race, as official as they get)

Tandem-pilot? No

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Raced against the pros in an official race? Yes (a very official race, as official as they get)
Tandem-pilot? No

Does his name appear on the result sheet of a pro race? Yes

So, let me get this straight: He isn't - and has never really been - active, yet he has raced official races? Active, in this game, usually means is currently a professional cyclist. He is not, and never has been, but he has this year been in an official event, therefore he is as active, in the realm of top level cycling, as he has ever been, and that is more than not at all.

He's not European, except he was born in Europe and - likely - has citizenship in a European country? In this game, one's nationality, and therefore one's continent, is the flag under which one rides.

Raced a pro race after 1/1 2000? Yes, and because I have described him as active, within parameters, much more recently than that. Consider swapping "top level" for pro.

I'll try to get back to Yes/No answers

Last edited:
Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Tandem-pilot? No

So, let me get this straight: He isn't - and has never really been - active, yet he has raced official races? Active, in this game, usually means is currently a professional cyclist. He is not, and never has been, but he has this year been in an official event, therefore he is as active, in the realm of top level cycling, as he has ever been, and that is more than not at all.

He's not European, except he was born in Europe and - likely - has citizenship in a European country? In this game, one's nationality, and therefore one's continent, is the flag under which one rides.

Raced a pro race after 1/1 2000? Yes, and because I have described him as active, within parameters, much more recently than that. Consider swapping "top level" for pro.

Is he competing in Esports? No
But doesn't he ride under the flag of the country in which he has citizenship? Dual citizenship is a thing: he may have it.

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Tandem-pilot? No

But doesn't he ride under the flag of the country in which he has citizenship? Dual citizenship is a thing: he may have it.

Is he riding kermesses and criteriums? No
Is he a mascot? No

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Tandem-pilot? No

Is he a mascot? No

Always raced under the flag he currently races under? Yes

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Tandem-pilot? No

Is he a mascot? No

Participated in the National Road Racing Championships in the country he races for? No
And/or in the country of his birth? No
Older than 50? No
Something other than road racing? No (but TT rather than mass start)

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Tandem-pilot? No

Is he a mascot? No
Participated in the National Road Racing Championships in the country he races for? No
Older than 50? No

Do you have reason to believe that we would be familiar with this person? Yes (feature about him in a major cycling medium less than 2 weeks ago)
Has he ever competed in the WC ITT? Yes

Set to retire? No
Born in Europe? Yes
Santa Clause? No
A race organizer? No
Tandem-pilot? No

Is he a mascot? No
Older than 50? No
Do you have reason to believe that we would be familiar with this person? Yes (feature about him in a major cycling medium less than 2 weeks ago)
Has he ever competed in the WC ITT? Yes

That cycling Media being CN? No
This year? Yes
Christopher Symonds? Yes.

Thank cod for that. Memo to self: Just because you saw an item on a guy on The Cycling Show does not mean that he is a fitting subject for the game.