Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

  • Nuclear Holocoust

    Votes: 16 100.0%

  • Total voters
    16
Jun 22, 2015
466
0
0
Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Robert Hatch ‏@robhatchtv
Giro 1-0 Vuelta? Alejandro Valverde said to be ready to commit to programme of #Giro, #tdf & then #Rio2016 next season.
Nice!! But thats a tough race programme peaking for the Ardennes + Giro and then ride the tour and rio
 
Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Robert Hatch ‏@robhatchtv
Giro 1-0 Vuelta? Alejandro Valverde said to be ready to commit to programme of #Giro, #tdf & then #Rio2016 next season.
It's possible, but it's not a final decision. In the daily Diario Vasco there was an interview with Unzue where he stated that it's going to be very complicated to pick the right schedule for Valverde. Even the Vuelta isn't ruled out as Unzue wants to win the Tour and the Vuelta next season, or maybe Unzue sees Betancur as a winning candidate :p
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
damian13ster said:
Maybe he should let go of Tour? He finally got his podium. Unless 2014 repeats with Nibali not being there, he won't get a win.

Ardennes +Giro +Poland +Rio seems manageable. Even if he wants to do Vuelta later
Then some JC Peraud and Thibaut Pinot will finish ahead of him :D
 
damian13ster said:
Maybe he should let go of Tour? He finally got his podium. Unless 2014 repeats with Nibali not being there, he won't get a win.

Ardennes +Giro +Poland +Rio seems manageable. Even if he wants to do Vuelta later
I am hoping for the same, that + Vuelta would be a great schedule for him.
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
In some recent interview he said that he wants to do the Giro at some point but not next year due to the Olympics.

I have the impression that he's just being diplomatic about the Giro and in reality he just doesn't care about it and would always rather do the Tour.
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Looks like it's not set in stone after all.

“How I will face this Tour? Maybe not as focused as in previous seasons - though I haven't still spoken thoroughly about it with neither Eusebio nor Nairo, the plan is having him taking over the team leadership,” the 35-year-old Spaniard said.

“It might be different for me, maybe more focused on the Olympics. Still, I don't know if I'll ride the Vuelta a España, the Giro d'Italia, how my calendar will be … we must wait and decide it with the team in the upcoming weeks before defining our 2016 schedule.”
Would be great if he takes it easy at the Tour and goes all out at the Olympics.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re:

Mr.White said:
Nairo hints that Bala will ride Il Giro, and then Le Tour with him
That would be suicide for Rio. Bala needs to realize after this year that racing too many races isn't a wise thing to do.

I think he will only race one of them.
 
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Mr.White said:
Nairo hints that Bala will ride Il Giro, and then Le Tour with him
That would be suicide for Rio. Bala needs to realize after this year that racing too many races isn't a wise thing to do.

I think he will only race one of them.
I agree, I dont think its wise either considering his Ardennes-campaign either.

I can't really decide how much of a *** Valv gives about the Giro. He loves the Tour above all, but if he really wants to try to win the Giro, next year will probably be his last shot, although I think its wiser to try in 2017 instead giving that Rio is a one in a lifetime for Valv. He is my favorite at this moment.
 
hfer07 said:
Nairito just confirmed he will be the absolute leader at the Tour while Alejandro will go to Il Giro and back Nairito at Le Tour. No further comments/rumors on Alejandro targeting Rio?
Uuh okay, thats huge. We will be win for a super interesting Giro with many big names. I love it.
 
Re:

jens_attacks said:
Wait until valverde says it, not nairo...
i concur. looks like valverde is a senior spokesman in movistar, not even unzue. :) i'd wager alejandro anyways will never participate in the giro in his career, to the greatest regret. seemingly may doesn't suit his racing biorhythms.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
Mr.White said:
Nairo hints that Bala will ride Il Giro, and then Le Tour with him
That would be suicide for Rio. Bala needs to realize after this year that racing too many races isn't a wise thing to do.

I think he will only race one of them.
I agree, I dont think its wise either considering his Ardennes-campaign either.

I can't really decide how much of a **** Valv gives about the Giro. He loves the Tour above all, but if he really wants to try to win the Giro, next year will probably be his last shot, although I think its wiser to try in 2017 instead giving that Rio is a one in a lifetime for Valv. He is my favorite at this moment.
If he really wants to win it, he has to target it next year. At this age, you can't look 2 years ahead. Chance is quite big your body and legs aren't the same anymore.

But i don't think he wants to ride the Giro. Not this year, or next years.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY