• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Robert Hatch ‏@robhatchtv
Giro 1-0 Vuelta? Alejandro Valverde said to be ready to commit to programme of #Giro, #tdf & then #Rio2016 next season.

Nice!! But thats a tough race programme peaking for the Ardennes + Giro and then ride the tour and rio

Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Robert Hatch ‏@robhatchtv
Giro 1-0 Vuelta? Alejandro Valverde said to be ready to commit to programme of #Giro, #tdf & then #Rio2016 next season.

It's possible, but it's not a final decision. In the daily Diario Vasco there was an interview with Unzue where he stated that it's going to be very complicated to pick the right schedule for Valverde. Even the Vuelta isn't ruled out as Unzue wants to win the Tour and the Vuelta next season, or maybe Unzue sees Betancur as a winning candidate :p

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
damian13ster said:
Maybe he should let go of Tour? He finally got his podium. Unless 2014 repeats with Nibali not being there, he won't get a win.

Ardennes +Giro +Poland +Rio seems manageable. Even if he wants to do Vuelta later

Then some JC Peraud and Thibaut Pinot will finish ahead of him :D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
In some recent interview he said that he wants to do the Giro at some point but not next year due to the Olympics.

I have the impression that he's just being diplomatic about the Giro and in reality he just doesn't care about it and would always rather do the Tour.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's not set in stone after all.

“How I will face this Tour? Maybe not as focused as in previous seasons - though I haven't still spoken thoroughly about it with neither Eusebio nor Nairo, the plan is having him taking over the team leadership,” the 35-year-old Spaniard said.

“It might be different for me, maybe more focused on the Olympics. Still, I don't know if I'll ride the Vuelta a España, the Giro d'Italia, how my calendar will be … we must wait and decide it with the team in the upcoming weeks before defining our 2016 schedule.”

Would be great if he takes it easy at the Tour and goes all out at the Olympics.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Mr.White said:
Nairo hints that Bala will ride Il Giro, and then Le Tour with him

That would be suicide for Rio. Bala needs to realize after this year that racing too many races isn't a wise thing to do.

I think he will only race one of them.

Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Mr.White said:

That would be suicide for Rio. Bala needs to realize after this year that racing too many races isn't a wise thing to do.

I agree, I dont think its wise either considering his Ardennes-campaign either.

I can't really decide how much of a *** Valv gives about the Giro. He loves the Tour above all, but if he really wants to try to win the Giro, next year will probably be his last shot, although I think its wiser to try in 2017 instead giving that Rio is a one in a lifetime for Valv. He is my favorite at this moment.

Clipboard_zpshkxjez5c.gif

Il Giro would be a novelty for Valverde

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
Mr.White said:

I agree, I dont think its wise either considering his Ardennes-campaign either.

I can't really decide how much of a **** Valv gives about the Giro. He loves the Tour above all, but if he really wants to try to win the Giro, next year will probably be his last shot, although I think its wiser to try in 2017 instead giving that Rio is a one in a lifetime for Valv. He is my favorite at this moment.

If he really wants to win it, he has to target it next year. At this age, you can't look 2 years ahead. Chance is quite big your body and legs aren't the same anymore.

But i don't think he wants to ride the Giro. Not this year, or next years.

TRENDING THREADS