• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Geraint Too Fast said:
I think he was stronger than this result suggested. He only seemed interested in Nibali and Landa at the end and followed them for too long.

I don't really think he was. He would've eaten the likes of Majka, Chaves and Urán on such a finish and he seemed to go deep there. The rain, the cold weather might have had an impact, but as I said earlier, its a fine result.. the Giro won't be decided here. :)

I agree. He has bigger fish to fry than the annual Bart De Clercq MTF.

"I expect it to be a complicated day that could cause some damage. The weather forecasts are predicting rain and that make it even worse and durn the dirt roads to mud," he warned.
"I've seen the stage and I like it alot. It's one of the most interesting stages of this year's Giro d'Italia."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/val...lead-the-enemy-with-his-giro-ditalia-tactics/

It looks like he has some interest on tomorrow stage.Let's see if he can deliver.

Red Rick said:
yaco said:
Mr.White said:
Valverde don't like very cold weather and heavy rain, and he is not at his best in these conditions. Anything else, he's fine

Yeah - Never been cold weather or rain at the Ardennes Classics.

He's never won them in really bad weather no. And considering how well he's done in those races in normal weather, it is really subpar.
If the Ardennes classics were ridden in the typical Murcia summer hot Valverde would have won the double that he has got.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

yaco said:
Mr.White said:
Valverde don't like very cold weather and heavy rain, and he is not at his best in these conditions. Anything else, he's fine

Yeah they were in Liege this year, and you saw how Valverde did in that race. He said numerous times that he's not at his best at really cold weather

Red Rick said:
yaco said:
Mr.White said:

He's never won them in really bad weather no. And considering how well he's done in those races in normal weather, it is really subpar.

Really bad weather, like what, snow, storms, hails?

He won in 2015 in bad weather. 10 degrees and rain. That should be enough to be categorised as bad weather.

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
yaco said:
Mr.White said:

Really bad weather, like what, snow, storms, hails?

He won in 2015 in bad weather. 10 degrees and rain. That should be enough to be categorised as bad weather.

2015 was drizzling at best.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
He's not the best in bad weather. Anyone knows that right? Especially when it's really cold.

Liege this year, La Gallina Vuelta 2013, Amstel 2012...

No surprise really.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Great stage by Alejandro! Super agressive: i like it.

But, Chaves, Zakarin, Kruiswijk, Majka and Nibali all followed without any problems. Sure, they were on the limit, but they could follow. Landa recovered too.

8 guys look at the same level this Giro. The TT tomorrow will be vital.

But congrats for today's ride.

Re:

Arredondo said:

But, Chaves, Zakarin, Kruiswijk, Majka and Nibali all followed without any problems. Sure, they were on the limit, but they could follow. Landa recovered too.

I don't think Chaves was on the limit at all. He and Valverde looked the strongest today.

I'm really curious to see how Valverde does tomorrow. If any of the other contenders had taken a pull today, they could have inflicted some serious damage on some of those that were hanging on for dear life.

AlexNYC said:
Arredondo said:

I don't think Chaves was on the limit at all. He and Valverde looked the strongest today.

I'm really curious to see how Valverde does tomorrow. If any of the other contenders had taken a pull today, they could have inflicted some serious damage on some of those that were hanging on for dear life.
Sorry but its not the same to do all the work and still win the sprint than being wheelsucked all the way to the finish. Valverdes ride today was much stronger than anyones else.

Mr.White said:
yaco said:
Mr.White said:

Yeah they were in Liege this year, and you saw how Valverde did in that race. He said numerous times that he's not at his best at really cold weather

The temperature struggles to get above 10 to 12c in the Ardennes - That is cold weather.

TRENDING THREADS