• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie confession?

thehog said:
Supposedly its coming in the next few days

This would make sense if RR is right and the detail on the USPS case is going to be released into the public domain. It might lessen the blow before the merde hits the fan. In any case there is so much doping noise going on right now that Hincapie's confession might go pretty much unnoticed.

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Strange that Hincapie just recently denied some of Hamilton's allegations from the book..I think I recall reading that...especially the part about the cinderblock conversations

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
frenchfry said:
This would make sense if RR is right and the detail on the USPS case is going to be released into the public domain. It might lessen the blow before the merde hits the fan. In any case there is so much doping noise going on right now that Hincapie's confession might go pretty much unnoticed.

Are you serious? Hincapie's confession would be the jewel of all doping confessions in the history of all sports. If George admits to doping, that'd seriously put Cancer Boy at a disadvantage. His confession would effectively end all Armstrong myths overnight, and Armstrong would be hunted like a blood hound hunts down an injured rabbit.

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
PosterBill said:
Strange that Hincapie just recently denied some of Hamilton's allegations from the book..I think I recall reading that...especially the part about the cinderblock conversations

Please post the source if possible. Hincapie has become the king of the vague evasive answers in recent times. His responses never confirm or deny. At this point if he's got something to say, he should just come out with it.

TheEnoculator said:
Are you serious? Hincapie's confession would be the jewel of all doping confessions in the history of all sports. If George admits to doping, that'd seriously put Cancer Boy at a disadvantage. His confession would effectively end all Armstrong myths overnight, and Armstrong would be hunted like a blood hound hunts down an injured rabbit.
The believers will believe, and the haters will hate. I don't think one more confession will change much -although I agree that Hincapie's will be a big help in overturning the myth

Jack Aubrey said:
Please post the source if possible.

No source necessary. The guy's doping goes back to being a doped Junior under Wenzel and Carmichael at USA Cycling. He's in it and has been since pre-EPO. In the one sense he's played it all very well. No, not enough TdF glory for him probably, but all the heat is coming down on Wonderboy.

It amazes me how many people can't put these two scandals together.

http://www.usacycling.org/george-hincapie.htm 1989/1990

http://velonews.competitor.com/2000/12/news/strock-speaks_79 Strock's money quote " Seventeen. All of these events took place in 1990"

Here's some more corroborating information: http://www.usacycling.org/forms/media/WhosWho_USACycling.pdf

May 7, 2009
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:

Many of the defenders I read now are so ignorant about cycling, they probably don't even know who George Hincapie is. Facts can only carry so much weight against the brainwashed....

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
Many of the defenders I read now are so ignorant about cycling, they probably don't even know who George Hincapie is. Facts can only carry so much weight against the brainwashed....

I'm not concerned about the die hard fans. They are just idiots.

What I want to see is LA getting sued left and right, losing sponsors, losing money for his cancer scams, and if possible, land him some jail time for perjury and lying to federal investigators (though the jail one might be a bit far fetched).

I want LA to suffer for he did to cycling, the sport I love dearly. I forgive other ex-dopers because they could have been bullied by LA into doping. But LA must burn.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you totally. The problem is those same idiots are probably the ones making death threats against people like Tygart who are just doing their jobs.

TheEnoculator said:

This. Plus, no more of that god awful "witch hunt" nonsense, spewing from cancer boys pie hole

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:

Not so sure it would be any more - his silence has undermined his credibility. Funny how things pan out.

TRENDING THREADS