• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie confession?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Landis had nothing left to lose. He was broke, divorced, and disgraced. He had no chance of riding pro again. The disclosure gave him the opportunity to possibly make big money as a whistleblower.

The Saint Floyd myth doesn't wash. But Floyd has taken steps to remedy his wrongs and should be commended for that.

He's paying for his sins now. How much does he have to repay? I seem to recall somewhere in the $350,000 range. And no book deals for him!

roundabout said:
A clean classics rider finishes 23rd on GC in the Tour in 2007?

Doesn't really sound credible.

Why? It's not like 23rd is hard to achieve. Hell, even an old man can do it.

Also, until I see the actual summary of what the evidence is, I'll hold off on judging this '2006' statement. It doesn't seem to make sense to continue lying about doping use when you think other riders who are testifying may be able to contradict you.

2006 would seem a loose date but the exacts dont need be drilled into fact is he doped his whole time alongside lance in the tour, hincapie was capable in the one days but to be more than he gave in, its a pity he couldnt admit earlier but he at least went no comment than the way of his texas friend, as mentioned hes a very credible witness with something to lose from fessing up.

Barry is another thing, sky have been shown up as a saying one thing, do another, refused to let millar ride with them but yet barry was ok despite refusing to admit any guilt till now.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:

Yeah, that's a very high finish (over 54 minutes back). He had to do well on the climbs--he certainly did not finish with the autobus. He was supporting Levi and Contador in the 2007 and Johan was still there. I'm more inclined to believe that he was riding clean after he finally split with Johan.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
May 26, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Landis had nothing left to lose. He was broke, divorced, and disgraced. He had no chance of riding pro again. The disclosure gave him the opportunity to possibly make big money as a whistleblower.

The Saint Floyd myth doesn't wash. But Floyd has taken steps to remedy his wrongs and should be commended for that.

Nobody is claiming Landis to be a saint. But he didn't put out no bull**** statement either about loving the sport his whole life and dreams coming true and guilt about doping blah blah blah blah sorry but i have been working for a clean sport since 2006 blah blah blah.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:

They have their own standarts of cleanless. He means without epo and transfusions maybe.

Tyler was saying to Bjarne: 'I used insuline, cortisone, anabolics, HgH, steroid, ..., ..., ...Nothing special'. Perhaps, Hincapie reason in a similar way... :cool:

there can't be any emotions to me. apparently, this is a purgatory cycling is doomed go into for years to achive some practical result.

Mixed feelings. I'm glad he confessed and cooperated and finally did the right thing. But he really should have done this years ago. He had a choice to make a long time ago, and others were cheated out of living their dreams because of his decision. I'm glad he finally came around, but he's no hero to me.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Mixed feelings. I'm glad he confessed and cooperated and finally did the right thing. But he really should have done this years ago. He had a choice to make a long time ago, and others were cheated out of living their dreams because of his decision. I'm glad he finally came around, but he's no hero to me.

Yes, other than the cyclists who decided that poor results were more honorable than good results through cheating, there are no heroes in this story. Floyd Landis started this only because he realized that he was being permanently kicked out of the club...

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
How come you don't question Saint Floyd when he claims he finished 2nd in the 2002 Dauphine as a neo-pro without ever having doped? Or when he denies using Testo @ TdF -06? Why is that more believable?

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
2006???

MBarry and Hincapie saying they did not dope post 2006 is laughable. These cyclist have clearly not fully repented. I can only recall a handful of athletes that have fully and openly admitted everything in public. There is always this caged admittance. Still trying to protected some business interest. Well we have to take what we can.....

So by my simple math, Hincapie was a pro for 18yrs. He said he didn't dope for the last 6yrs. So for 2/3rds of his career, or 12yrs, he was possibly doping part/most of the time.

Funny how when guys are at the end of their career, out of cycling, then they come "clean", and half-heartedly at that.

Active riders, just shut their pie holes, Danielson? Levi? etc...they have been silent since JV outed them a month back.

They will get their back dated suspensions, and be riding in the spring of course.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
jilbiker said:
MBarry and Hincapie saying they did not dope post 2006 is laughable. These cyclist have clearly not fully repented. I can only recall a handful of athletes that have fully and openly admitted everything in public. There is always this caged admittance. Still trying to protected some business interest. Well we have to take what we can.....

I also have the same doubts. Why 2006? Because LA retired the year before?

Hincapie's affidavit includes this. :eek:
I continue to regard Lance Armstrong as a great cyclist, and I continue to be proud to be his friend and to have raced with him for many years. I have witnessed many important things that Lance has done for his fellow man through battling cancer and being a role model for many.

Zam_Olyas said:
Yea, i cannot believe Leipheimer was clean for 5/6 years.

Also Hincapie, only loses 2004-2006 results, SOL saving him, and him solomnpromise he's been clean for 6 years. Gets off REALLY well.
Zabriskie, him I tend to trust, but I am biased as a believe in his greater potential. Especially hearing he never really commited to doper per his affidavit.

I think Levi is now broke? Prizes 1999-2007 to be returned?

Cloxxki said:
Also Hincapie, only loses 2004-2006 results, SOL saving him, and him solomnpromise he's been clean for 6 years. Gets off REALLY well.
Zabriskie, him I tend to trust, but I am biased as a believe in his greater potential. Especially hearing he never really commited to doper per his affidavit.

I think Levi is now broke? Prizes 1999-2007 to be returned

Pretty sad that he brought upon his own demise huh?

TRENDING THREADS