Hockey

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I grew up about an hour and a half drive to Pittsburgh. Grew up watching Mario Lemieux play both on TV and in person. I may live in NC now, but my sports teams are the Pittsburgh teams.
I have it like this as well. I still feel more associated with sports teams from my home town than from a town I have been living for most of my life now. But I am not big fan of any of the team sports anyway - I was maybe bigger fan of the Bolts this season than any team from my country :)

Reactions: Koronin
I have it like this as well. I still feel more associated with sports teams from my home town than from a town I have been living for most of my life now. But I am not big fan of any of the team sports anyway - I was maybe bigger fan of the Bolts this season than any team from my country :)
There's a deeper connection to the teams you grow up cheering for. That's why a new team in a new city needs to survive for a generation so that the kids who grow up with the team there become adults and that is then their team.

So... New Jersey Devils circumvent cap with a pre-orchestrated contract.

Bettman fines them $3m and takes away draft picks.

Chicago Blackhawks discover one of their coaches date-raped a prospect player and threatened them with a baseball bat, hide it with the explicit admitted reason being that they were worried it would affect the team's morale during a cup run, lets the coach in question get their day with the Stanley Cup, lets them go with severance pay, invites them to the banner raising ceremony, gives them a glowing recommendation to help them get a new job coaching colleges and high school players (where he promptly gets jailed for further sexual assaults including one of a 16-year-old), buries the story, allows a culture of bullying the victim of the assault to develop, marginalises and then releases the player and plays dumb in the media and defends their inaction in the face of all the evidence to the contrary to this day. All this at the same time as the team's AHL affiliate coach was racially abusing a Nigerian-born player on the team's books.

Bettman fines them $2m, and no draft picks.

Chicago Blackhawks discover one of their coaches date-raped a prospect player and threatened them with a baseball bat, hide it with the explicit admitted reason being that they were worried it would affect the team's morale during a cup run, lets the coach in question get their day with the Stanley Cup, lets them go with severance pay, invites them to the banner raising ceremony, gives them a glowing recommendation to help them get a new job coaching colleges and high school players (where he promptly gets jailed for further sexual assaults including one of a 16-year-old), buries the story, allows a culture of bullying the victim of the assault to develop, marginalises and then releases the player and plays dumb in the media and defends their inaction in the face of all the evidence to the contrary to this day. All this at the same time as the team's AHL affiliate coach was racially abusing a Nigerian-born player on the team's books.

The penalties should be the other way around.

Reactions: joe_papp

That's pretty infuriating, reminds me of the whole Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal at Penn State a while back. People in high places knew about him for years and did nothing about it, all so as to not upset the organization and the success of its almighty football program.

Anyway, the choices that people sometimes make can be so infuriating and frankly mind-boggling.

Last edited:
Guys, is there any sport as lovely as professional ice hockey? I honestly don't think so.

Bummed that so many NHL games are being needlessly cancelled this week, but what a joy the league has been overall this fall. I'm even considering dabbling a bit in the Kontinental Hockey League, but I have no idea who to cheer for.

Reactions: Koronin

ASK THE COMMUNITY