• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hour Record Official Discussion Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They changed the rules last year, such any track (IP/TP) legal bike and position was eligible, rather than the 'Mercx era' rule that was in place.

So there is a flurry of activity, before Wiggo puts a serious marker down in June. You obviously want your crack before his.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
M Sport said:
I would say Rohan Dennis before any of them but I don't think we will see him have a go, too focused on the road and new team.

To the other posters above, I don't see anyone other than Tony Martin being able to go near 55km and he doesn't really seem that interested. So we will only see 54km being broken before the end of next year. When I say only 54km that will be pretty impressive considering what Rominger and Boardman had. One had a Ferrari coach and the other had the most aerodynamic set up probably ever seen on the track.
rohan-dennis-to-attempt-the-hour-record-in-2015
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rohan-dennis-to-attempt-the-hour-record-in-2015

on the money there M Sport ;)

According to Sporza cycling reporter Renaat Schotte next 7 riders go for it in 2015

dyEW8.png

Catwhoorg said:
They changed the rules last year, such any track (IP/TP) legal bike and position was eligible, rather than the 'Mercx era' rule that was in place.

So there is a flurry of activity, before Wiggo puts a serious marker down in June. You obviously want your crack before his.
Yep, once Wigans has a go, the only guy left with a realistic chance (for a few years anyway) is Tony Martin.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
rohan-dennis-to-attempt-the-hour-record-in-2015
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rohan-dennis-to-attempt-the-hour-record-in-2015

on the money there M Sport ;)

Thanks, and it's great news he's making an attempt so soon. I would like to see it about 9 days earlier though.

In any case it will make some of the record attempts after a bit more exciting as I would imagine there will be a greater chance of them failing than breaking the record until Wiggins has a go. That will be better for the value of the record than the last two shoe ins.

MagnusMagnussen said:
According to Sporza cycling reporter Renaat Schotte next 7 riders go for it in 2015

dyEW8.png

And I just like the fact that people still find it necessary to point out that it's Alex Rasmussen.
Of course it's not gonna be 'Chicken'! Not only is he banned, it's not like he's been known for great skills against the clock!

Wonder why Thomas Dekker's name is also written in full...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
M Sport said:
Thanks, and it's great news he's making an attempt so soon. I would like to see it about 9 days earlier though.

In any case it will make some of the record attempts after a bit more exciting as I would imagine there will be a greater chance of them failing than breaking the record until Wiggins has a go. That will be better for the value of the record than the last two shoe ins.
be a false economy trying to do it in Del Monte (even with the "preparation") when the boards and velodrome are smoking hot in late Jan when the nats are usually held and Bobridge set the ridiculous WR.

also many others have set great IPs really young, Dennis, and in the 3k Heppy and Parker... really really quick times.

but the false economy, cant ride in the 40degrees at 100% for one hour in Jan methinks. but i dont know this $hit. It would be good to watch tho.

irondan said:
Is there some reason these guys all seemed to announce their intentions to go for the record at seemingly the same time? :confused:
Bobridge and Dennis will both be having a shot at the Aus national TT title, the training for the two would be very similar so why not have a go now? I'm a little surprised that Durbridge or Hepburn aren't doing the same.