• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hour Record Official Discussion Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
I love that he tricked UCI into announcing it, and that they did so without any sense of surprise that he would consider it a goal, rather than just putting it on his own social media accounts.

If you mean Purito, you do know that it was a fake UCI account that announced it?

M Sport said:
Bobridge starting in about 25 minutes.

Thanks for reminding, would have completely forgotten about that. I just do not understand why they bother with live streaming but do not show such basic info as time passed, lap time, distance covered or projected total distance...

From what I could gather from the announcers, he did 20 km in 22'46''? That would mean 52.7km in an hour.

edit: 107 laps, i.e. 26.75k in 30'40''? 52.3km...
117 laps, i.e. 29.25k in 33'40'' -> 52.1km

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
burning said:
Worst stream of all time?

I have seen worse picture quality but just a note to other hour record promoters and broadcasters, please show the lap counter on the feed. Don't just cut to it now and then. Pretty boring otherwise.

Also, please don't have commentators full us full of bs that it's going down to the wire when clearly was going to end up missing by a lot.

Rather than two clowns on the PA every 5 minutes acting like cheerleaders, people watching at home needed a bit more informed commentary. Well I did anyway. I wasn't following twitter updates to know what the timings were.

Far better show for Voigt and Brandle that were both properly televised with data on screen and relatively informed commentary (well, Carlton Kirby on Eurosport...)

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
M Sport said:
I have seen worse picture quality but just a note to other hour record promoters and broadcasters, please show the lap counter on the feed. Don't just cut to it now and then. Pretty boring otherwise.

Also, please don't have commentators full us full of bs that it's going down to the wire when clearly was going to end up missing by a lot.

its an old media trick to hold your interest
it works on some people

B8qxwDMCMAEbrG_.png

Seems like Bobridge started way too fast.

Also proves that a 4km pursuit is something entirely different than an 1 hour effort. Not all pursuiters can hold that speed that long

Latest posts