• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hour Record Official Discussion Thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 11, 2009
Visit site
Re:

goggalor said:
Extremely impressive yet slightly disappointing at the same time. Can't see Martin or Cance going for it tbh so this will probably stand for some time.

Unless they make the attempt at altitude.

Re:

ebandit said:
if martin or cance have a go i think it will be at the end of their career..............when they can train specifically for the effort...........

Mark L

Yep, I can't see either going for it now. Martin more likely to have a shot, but without specific preparation.

I think the next realistic attempt will be from someone like Phinney or Dumoulin. Phinney especially should have no problems doing an attempt at altitude.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
ebandit said:
if martin or cance have a go i think it will be at the end of their career..............when they can train specifically for the effort...........

Mark L

Yep, I can't see either going for it now. Martin more likely to have a shot, but without specific preparation.

I think the next realistic attempt will be from someone like Phinney or Dumoulin. Phinney especially should have no problems doing an attempt at altitude.

Boulder or Colorado Springs next year I imagine.

Re:

Dedelou said:
Congrat to Wiggins another record stands now till it will be broken.. How long will that last?

Depends on the UCI perhaps. I means Wiggins is a phenomenal time trialer and a track man, so there would have to be a real beast to come along to take it from him. What else can they do with the bike to make the equipment finer, given the technology already put into it and the restrictions placed by the UCI?

At any rate, Chris Boardman is still nearly 2 ks per hour faster, even if his record has been stricken. The radical position, though, would still take an exceptional cyclist to overcome the biomechanical problems, or at least one would think so. However you look at it Boardman did something ET that day.

TRENDING THREADS