• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How do Lowlanders learn to climb? (Official Mollema/Ten Dam/Belkin thread)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
well to say that he thinks the tdf was really clean is laughable.

when he looks at the guys ahead of him he thinks its a clean tour - need i say more.

Its his opinion. The tour did seem less mutant than in 2013 and 2012 so maybe he has a point. What do you expect him to do, call Nibali a doper?

hrotha said:
Yes. You need to say how any of that relates to his smokescreen-ruining business.

sometimes your grammar is incorrect and unfathomable in its context.

Smokescreen - meaning he is shouting how clean he is - which he also did in the Eurosport Lemond interview. 'You,re my hero Greg' interview...'we should all be more transparent'.

Ten Dam is always up there with the best of them....doesnt wash in my opinion.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Smokescreen - meaning he is shouting how clean he is - which he also did in the Eurosport Lemond interview. 'You,re my hero Greg' interview...'we should all be more transparent'.

Ten Dam is always up there with the best of them....doesnt wash in my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with Hrotha's grammar in that post.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Ten Dam is always up there with the best of them....doesnt wash in my opinion
i'm not sure about ten dam's statements in that interview.
pretty useless either way and skeptic is right, even if he's clean he has no reasons to publicly spit in the soup and jeopardize his position in the peloton. (it would be different perhaps if dopers constituted a minority, which, however, they most like do not)

but i certainly agree with the bolded part.
there isn't much to assume ten dam is clean.
imo he doesn't have the ideal physique for being a good climber, yet he now climbs with the top 10 climbers.

and his third week was better this year than it was last year, so it looks like he's still 'learning' and can still 'improve'.

Look me in the eyes and tell me what you see.

tendam.jpg

Well, I see a man who is willing to do almost anything to be part of this sport.

Old school is our man Ten Dam.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Well, I see a man who is willing to do almost anything to be part of this sport.

he has a lot of fans in the netherlands for the reasons you mention.

last year he said this about Leinders:
“Leinders was a nice guy and if you ask the Sky guys you’ll find they say the same things,” Ten Dam says.
“He never proposed anything bad to me and I thought he was a good doctor with me.”
in addition to a whole series of gratuite statements about how it's all clean(er) now.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features...d-a-peloton-that-offers-me-more-opportunities
ow, and is Erik Dekker still a DS at Belkin?
#continuity

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:

tendam.jpg

You deduce that he is doping because of that picture? Well then I guess we should close the thread and move on with our lives :rolleyes:

sniper said:
he's 1.84 tall.

So he is short but not short enough?

Being tall does give you bigger lungs and heart. It is not clear to me that being very stocky and short-limbed is ideal for a GC rider or even a climber.

Dazed and Confused said:

Don't agree with that. Not fully. Some people are willing to do everything, including breaking the rules. Others are willing to do everything as defined by the rules.
Sure, he is not afraid to put his heath on the line. So someone isn't going to refuse to dope because of that.

There can exist people who don't dope because they don't want to cheat and because they do want to play it fair.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I've heard stories about Boogerd from an ex-rider that I won't repeat here, but it does make him a whole lot less than my childhood hero... Apart from a cheater he's a coward as well.
I've also heard stories from an ex-rider that makes me believe hes a stand up all around great lad who just got caught up in the doping circus. But I wont repeat them here.

Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
I heard that at least he made a confession unlike for example Erik Dekker
Yes Erik Dekker is still in full denial mode, wich at this point in time does more damage to his reputation than just admitting the super obvious. Hes actually let go from Lotto-Jumbo this year, he was the last skeleton remaining from the old bloody Rabobank closet that was still attached to the team.

TRENDING THREADS