• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I believe Lance, not Floyd...here's why.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TShame said:
First, I am appalled by moderators statements. Can I not state my opinion without jeopardy? I am not making baseless accusations or posting hateful personal attacks. I do not want this thread buried in some miscellaneous thread about Armstrong or Landis. This is a separate, major issue using logic and basic human nature.

That being said, I believe that Landis doped just as he confessed...HGH,EPO, test patches, and blood.

I have grave doubts that any rider on UPS, especially Armstrong would jeopardize his entire career by doing drugs in full view of the whole team, including Landis. No way. Even on other teams where riders have confessed to doping, NONE of them did so in front of other riders.

As to Landis statement that Periro said he would defend the yellow through the final time trial because he had a fresh transfusion....total lie. What rider would ever tell a rival that he just doped? especially when the TdF title was at stake?

Landis knows that these stories can not be verified by anyone else. However, attacking the reputation of other riders in an effort to justify his use of drugs and cheating is worse than his other crimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_SAAUO_tbY
Listen to this interview 45 seconds in. The doping is no big secret. Why would you believe that one teammate would not take an active role in helping another teammate dope up in an attempt to help the cause?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TShame said:
First, I am appalled by moderators statements. Can I not state my opinion without jeopardy? I am not making baseless accusations or posting hateful personal attacks. I do not want this thread buried in some miscellaneous thread about Armstrong or Landis. This is a separate, major issue using logic and basic human nature.

Good post TS.
TS said:
That being said, I believe that Landis doped just as he confessed...HGH,EPO, test patches, and blood.

Floyd probably doped more than Lance adjusting for longevity I bet.
Especially if you do not consider tranfusing your own blood a PED.

TS said:
I have grave doubts that any rider on UPS, especially Armstrong would jeopardize his entire career by doing drugs in full view of the whole team, including Landis. No way. Even on other teams where riders have confessed to doping, NONE of them did so in front of other riders.

+1.
There were 2 things that suprised me when Floyd's E-mails first came out:

1) Lance told Floyd his EPO usage stopped with the advent of the EPO Test. Blew the "transformed by EPO Myth" right out of the water kaboom.

2) Lance was transfusing along with the team. I thought Lance would be transfusing/doping in private as you would seem to believe too.

TS said:
As to Landis statement that Periro said he would defend the yellow through the final time trial because he had a fresh transfusion....total lie. What rider would ever tell a rival that he just doped? especially when the TdF title was at stake?

Maybe Floyd lost something in translation? Does Floyd speak Spanish fluently?
Does Oscar speak English fluently?

TS said:
Landis knows that these stories can not be verified by anyone else. However, attacking the reputation of other riders in an effort to justify his use of drugs and cheating is worse than his other crimes.

It does disappoint doesn't it sigh.

TShame said:

The one thing worse than a troll who's so trollish that he knows, even before opening his mouth, what the inevitable outcome will be, is that same troll who throws out a pre-emptive whine in anticipation of the ban hammer falling.

darkcloud said:
I wonder why Lance would not volunteer to submit to a professionally administered polygraph test. It couldn't be because he might fail, could it?;)

I don't think he would. Sociopaths can lie without any guilt or emotional response. By now lying is a way of life for Armstrong. It's like eating Wheaties in the morning. It is just part of his everyday existence.

BroDeal said:
I don't think he would. Sociopaths can lie without any guilt or emotional response. By now lying is a way of life for Armstrong. It's like eating Wheaties in the morning. It is just part of his everyday existence.

I considered this very point as I was typing my post. You may very well be correct on this. Lance had a certain "quality" about him when he took Kimmage to task in the video from another thread. Very self righteous and...what you said.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
I believe in Santa Claus but not the Easter Bunny, that sh*t is just wack.

I don't know why you believe in any of that sh!t. Bigfoot is the only fictional character that we can believe in with any certainty. I totally caught my parents putting my bike together when I was 7, and I was like "man, f*ck you guys. Is that what parents do? They lie? THEY FU*KING LIE!!!!????...YOU TAKE YOUR SANTA BULLSH!T AND THAT BIKE AND SHOVE IT SO FAR UP YOUR A$$ THAT YOU CAN HONK THE HORN BY COUGHING!!! THIS IS BULLSH!T AND I WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU TELL ME IS BAD FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!" (okay, the only part that is true is the last part...though I didn't ever say that, I did put it into practice from the age of 14 to 23...but I digress)

ANYWAY, then the whole GIANT bunny thing wasn't something my parents even considered blowing up my a$$ that spring. I walked into the kitchen Easter Sunday morning, and my parents were like "hey dude, here's your chocolate" and I was like "ur fu*king A right here is my chocolate, now fix me some breakfast and try to convince me that auto-erotic asphyxiation isn't something I should try 3 minutes after my first pubic hair sprouts...b!tches."

But that bigfoot thing, they were all like, no, no man, that is just a man in a fur suit...and I was all "I ain't talkin' about grandma' ya' punk a$$ed douchebags, Bigfoot is real, and if you say different, I am going to grab some of dad's diabetic needles and start cooking up various things from the spice rack to see what gives me the best rush..."

So yea, Bigfoot is real.

Thoughtforfood said:
I don't know why you believe in any of that sh!t. Bigfoot is the only fictional character that we can believe in with any certainty. I totally caught my parents putting my bike together when I was 7, and I was like "man, f*ck you guys. Is that what parents do? They lie? THEY FU*KING LIE!!!!????...YOU TAKE YOUR SANTA BULLSH!T AND THAT BIKE AND SHOVE IT SO FAR UP YOUR A$$ THAT YOU CAN HONK THE HORN BY COUGHING!!! THIS IS BULLSH!T AND I WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU TELL ME IS BAD FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!" (okay, the only part that is true is the last part...though I didn't ever say that, I did put it into practice from the age of 14 to 23...but I digress)

ANYWAY, then the whole GIANT bunny thing wasn't something my parents even considered blowing up my a$$ that spring. I walked into the kitchen Easter Sunday morning, and my parents were like "hey dude, here's your chocolate" and I was like "ur fu*king A right here is my chocolate, now fix me some breakfast and try to convince me that auto-erotic asphyxiation isn't something I should try 3 minutes after my first pubic hair sprouts...b!tches."

But that bigfoot thing, they were all like, no, no man, that is just a man in a fur suit...and I was all "I ain't talkin' about grandma' ya' punk a$$ed douchebags, Bigfoot is real, and if you say different, I am going to grab some of dad's diabetic needles and start cooking up various things from the spice rack to see what gives me the best rush..."

So yea, Bigfoot is real.

Actually I think I saw Bigfoot while riding yesterday. He was drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's. And his hair was perfect.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
darkcloud said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_SAAUO_tbY
Listen to this interview 45 seconds in. The doping is no big secret. Why would you believe that one teammate would not take an active role in helping another teammate dope up in an attempt to help the cause?

Lol. Not meaning to derail this thread away from its subject but that video of Millar reminds me of a Cyclesport article circa 2002, when Massimiliano Lelli takes David to his horse farm in Tuscany and theres lots of photos of them wearing dun jackets and high leather boots. Does anyone else remember that?
The jist being that David wasn't meeting the expectations of Cofidis management properly so they bought in Lelli to try and imbibe him with the proper culture. It just makes me wonder now if an unwillingness to dope
was the problem Cofidis had with him. ?

darkcloud said:
I wonder why Lance would not volunteer to submit to a professionally administered polygraph test. It couldn't be because he might fail, could it?;)

He will volunteer - just like he volunteered to be tested by Catlin. Just like he rode for free. Just like he - ah, never mind.

BroDeal said:
It was in Soho. I think he just ate at Lee Ho Fooks.

Mmmh - Lee Ho Fooks.

Anyway, someone please answer me this: If none of these fictional characters exist, then how do we know what they look like? To me that's the best proof they're real - I mean, come on, nobody would invent a man with his underwear outside his pants and call him Superman - just doesn't make sense. The guy is real! That's why I truly believe Santa, Bunny, Biggie, Supie and, yes, even Lancie - he's real I tell ya!

online-rider said:
Lol. Not meaning to derail this thread away from its subject but that video of Millar reminds me of a Cyclesport article circa 2002, when Massimiliano Lelli takes David to his horse farm in Tuscany and theres lots of photos of them wearing dun jackets and high leather boots. Does anyone else remember that?
The jist being that David wasn't meeting the expectations of Cofidis management properly so they bought in Lelli to try and imbibe him with the proper culture. It just makes me wonder now if an unwillingness to dope
was the problem Cofidis had with him. ?

Don't worry, you can't derail a thread if it doesn't have a direction in the first place... But nice point you made nonetheless...

Logic

"I have grave doubts that any rider on UPS, especially Armstrong would jeopardize his entire career by doing drugs in full view of the whole team, including Landis. No way."

The logic of this argument is compelling were it not for LA's personality. LA has more hubris that the ocean has waves. I think LA believed he was in total control of his troops. That they were either too loyal or too intimdated to admit to doping, and that being the case he would be brazen enough to dope in front of certain team-mates.

I cannot prove this but my intuition tells me that this flaw in Armstrong's personality might trump your logic. :D

I believe Lance over Floyd because:

I dont believe anything on the internet, (except about big foot being in SOHO yesterday)

Lance wrote several books none of which he mentions doping!

Floyd wrote a book specifically denying he doped!

Floyd allegedly wrote some emails which have been posted on the internet saying he doped and he thinks Lance doped, but has never seem him actually dope.

Logic has it, the written word is more reliable than the internet, thus Lance has never doped.

Regards

Hugh

hughmoore said:
I dont believe anything on the internet

On the internet at least some of the content is the truth.
If you subtract from thr written word books written by cyclist about their cleanliness, and on the internet add the wikileak docs, I think the balance is already shifting.

I only read the internet anymore, as written word is by definition outdated.

I'll just add that I believe more in Bigfoot to exist than Lance to be clean.
What are the odds for something people have seen around the world to be false over what teammates vow to be the truth, even if leaking it terminally hurts their carreers?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
On the internet at least some of the content is the truth.
If you subtract from thr written word books written by cyclist about their cleanliness, and on the internet add the wikileak docs, I think the balance is already shifting.

I only read the internet anymore, as written word is by definition outdated.

I'll just add that I believe more in Bigfoot to exist than Lance to be clean.
What are the odds for something people have seen around the world to be false over what teammates vow to be the truth, even if leaking it terminally hurts their carreers?

i think Hugh Moore has his tongue firmly in his cheek with his post.

BroDeal said:
It was in Soho. I think he just ate at Lee Ho Fooks.

Please excuse the OT post I'm about to make, but how many of you knew (because I didn't) that the place actually exists?

lee-ho-fook-054-034-tn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS