• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2019, one day classic, October 12

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am always happy for Mollema.

EGr3G14XUAA4kL-.jpg:large

Reactions: RedheadDane
A watershed moment for Roglic. He doesn't have the endurance to win a race as hard as this or a GT with a proper route. Valverde blows it again. Mollema gets the big win of his career, fantastic. I'm not a fan of his, but he really deserves this. Nobody tries harder than Bauke.

Reactions: RedheadDane
Joke and a farce. Sucks when the others let a rider like this win. Mollema should've finished 7th or 9th or something as usual. He ruined this race. Joke.
This doesn't make sense. He was the still very strong. And if you want to take tactics and strategy out of cycling what is left for us? a VO2 max race? come on, he is a deserving winner.

Great and much deserved win by Mollema, went at the right moment and benefitted from the classic case of rivals watching each other instead of cooperating in chasing at crucial points of the race.

Nice race in the end and a good way to end the Italian autumn classics season. Haven't been able to watch smaller races leading up to Lombardia as much as I would have liked, but at least the big one did not disappoint. It was more of an attritional race than last couple of years but not bad at all.

Now Paris-Tours tomorrow and then that's that for season 2019 on the road.

Reactions: movingtarget
You're talking *** guys, okay TGBM wasn't marked hard, but he rode mightily strong.
Yeah I guess Valverde was the strongest, but we're used to his 2nd places by now.
Bernal after the race: "Mollema was the strongest". Valverde after the race "We saw the right winner"

Only hurt fanboys or anti cycling fans like The Chicken talk ***

TRENDING THREADS