• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2021 (October 9th)

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a race we had, just caught a replay. At one point it really seemed like there might be a sprint finish but the final 35kms were just pure racing. Great race, great winner, great Tadej!

FBRNdA2WQAMmwBb

View: https://twitter.com/VelonCC/status/1446872997214707724?s=20

Rewatching it now; to me it seems like Almeida drops Remco, then Pog goes, then Almeida waves back at his teammates to chase Pog as he cannot do it himself.

I think Pog maybe waited for Remco to get dropped? Who else would have chased Pog?

QS should be really lucky Masnada was as strong as he was because the tactics was so weird! Had they counted on Masnada it would have made more sense, but now really Masnada saved all of their asses while riding for himself.

Rewatching it now; to me it seems like Almeida drops Remco, then Pog goes, then Almeida waves back at his teammates to chase Pog as he cannot do it himself.

I think Pog maybe waited for Remco to get dropped? Who else would have chased Pog?

QS should be really lucky Masnada was as strong as he was because the tactics was so weird!

I just think Pog dared to go for it and when nobody could follow he gave it all.

Reactions: Sandisfan