• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2022, one day monument, October 8, farewell to Nibali and Valverde

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
With Pinot, Gaudu and Roglic out, Bardet is the only one left for the housewives to cheer for. Bardet is in reasonable shape and is a good one day racer.
I'm hoping for a Nibali attack on the descent because I'm not a housewife.

I don't have a house, and I'm not a wife. I just hope for a great race.
Please, don't tell me you're only allowed to cheer for those guys if you're a housewife.

I'm a part-time housewife and I'm cheering for Bardet, but also for Ala and Powless.

Some times you have a house, or some times you're a wife?

Active riders with multiple Monument wins:

Gilbert 5
Valverde 4
Nibali 3
Terpstra 2
Sagan 2
Kristoff 2
Degenkolb 2
Van der Poel 2
Pogacar 2
Fuglsang 2

This list will look a little different in a few weeks.

Could look a little different by the end of this week.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Thibaut Pinot will not be at the start. The winner of Lombardia 2018 has closed his season and will not be at the start on Saturday of the great classic which will close in 2022. For him the last race of the season remains the Vuelta.

FeSGwx2XwAAXaeD
Probably his Tour mountaintop stage win was a bigger deal in France, but I can see his Lombardia win as his biggest victory. Opposing viewpoints welcome :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
Hey, anything can happen in the race Saturday—after all, the Seattle Mariners baseball team broke their streak of 21 years without making the postseason, and will be playing in their 1st playoff series (over that span) on Saturday as well.

p.s. I was lucky enough to be at the game last Friday when they clinched a playoff spot and it was pandemonium at the end of the game!

TRENDING THREADS