• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2022, one day monument, October 8, farewell to Nibali and Valverde

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Trek are at it again with their really weird lineup announcements.

310875972_10160812209235934_2762630040296264088_n.jpg

Anticipation is building nicely. Personally, I am most looking forward to this addition of Il Lombardia more than ever, largely due to Nibs and AV. I hope they are prominent in the race no matter what the final result.

I'll admit I haven't been a great fan of Valverde until he won the 2018 worlds on that monster course which was when he won me over. I've always respected Nibs, his bike handling skills and versatility to win all three grand tours and even MSR says it all. In 2013 to 2014 he was at the peak of his powers.

TRENDING THREADS