• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Isaac Del Toro thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This years Mexican championship will be great, Del Toro and riders coming from Gila and other North American races and lots of guys in good form.
UAE really spreading it around in Del Toro GC win w 3 different riders getting a stage and Isaac overall!! Fantastic results.
Was the kind of big fish in a small pond beating that Valverde era Movistar did in these types of races 10 years ago.

Was the kind of big fish in a small pond beating that Valverde era Movistar did in these types of races 10 years ago.
If you have seen domestic teams Del Toro will not be guaranteed a victory at Mexican championship, for certain. And while it's very, very flattering the comparison Valverde and a 20 year old Del Toro, there is no data, Valverde has a mile long impressive resume, Isaac doesn't. Federation in Spain and licensed pro racers and pool of outstanding amateur racers is 3-5 times more I am guessing than Mexico.
Weird science. Mexico has 130 million people, Spain has 48 million but way more races and racers per capita..
Then you have Australia that has a population of a few hundred people ( lol) and somehow has a tradition of great bike racers!!! California has a bigger population than all of Australia!!
I digress.. Del Toro is surely the favorite, but anything can happen, don't know if race is in Nuevo Leon area, Monterrey again, Can't find location!!

Reactions: Offline
If you have seen domestic teams Del Toro will not be guaranteed a victory at Mexican championship, for certain. And while it's very, very flattering the comparison Valverde and a 20 year old Del Toro, there is no data, Valverde has a mile long impressive resume, Isaac doesn't. Federation in Spain and licensed pro racers and pool of outstanding amateur racers is 3-5 times more I am guessing than Mexico.
Weird science. Mexico has 130 million people, Spain has 48 million but way more races and racers per capita..
Then you have Australia that has a population of a few hundred people ( lol) and somehow has a tradition of great bike racers!!! California has a bigger population than all of Australia!!
I digress.. Del Toro is surely the favorite, but anything can happen, don't know if race is in Nuevo Leon area, Monterrey again, Can't find location!!
I was talking more about the UAE dominance of winning every stage and each time also having a second rider on the podium.

It wasn’t a Valverde/Del Toro comparison.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Was told today that Isaac Del Toro will not contest the national championship which takes place in September. Lots of speculation ( tons) that he may be doing another bigger, more prestigious race
Seems like strange scheduling given many Latin American countries have their Nats early in the years and that European almost all have their’s in June. Has that always been the case in Mexico?

Anyone know any rumours about him doing the Vuelta this year?

I hope he does the Vuelta this year. I think hes so special and can handle it nice also extremely eager to see how he fares in a GT as thats a unknown as per now.

Special special kid I think he will make a dent when its all said and done.