• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jan Ullrich

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
webvan said:
Yeah but that also means he can't be involved in pro cycling at all, helping out at a team for instance, although with what happened to him he probably doesn't want to get anywhere near it at this time...especially with his cheating nemesis now scot free.

Not exactly true.

Pat McQuaid is running the UCI and there were supposedly severe penalties for him racing in South Africa during Aparthied rule.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Not exactly true.

Pat McQuaid is running the UCI and there were supposedly severe penalties for him racing in South Africa during Aparthied rule.

Well then following the path taken by McQuaid and Jan having a planet of more talent he can become President of IOC with this lifetime ban (if that is what it is) on his CV :D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Still,a lifetime ban is not really the most beautiful way to end a career. His legacy will be tainted forever in the publics opinion

Not really. Merckx got a ban for doping and people are still falling at his feet every time he opens his gob, at least the idiot cycling media are.

Benotti69 said:
Not really. Merckx got a ban for doping and people are still falling at his feet every time he opens his gob, at least the idiot cycling media are.

That's what I don't understand - like he's a God of clean cycling, or something. His opinion is of no importance or value. Much like mine.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
So what, he isn't going to come back anyway. :p

I think you do not understand what this would practically mean. Beeing an outlaw.
That tongue.....I would tend to bite it of and eat it straight away, but I know you are stressed at the moment. :)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Still,a lifetime ban is not really the most beautiful way to end a career. His legacy will be tainted forever in the publics opinion

Well, if CAS suddenly thinks that the Suisse wrongly ended this case, a decision that was based on following their former, but now changed rules (loophole closed), then there is still some room to play, if Jan can be considered as repeat offender.
Then things would go on because the Suisse then had to reopen the process.

Fact is, that under current rules, Ullrich wouldn't be punished for amphetamines out of competition.
So in all this law confusion, question remains which rules will be followed and whether he is a repeat offender.

btw, actually his legacy is "tainted" since the Discopillen incident.
Most people did not care and welcomed him with more than wide open arms.
And most people can actually put one and one together.
Jan Ullrich is the perfect example for beeing human, and many people still respect and like him, whatever may have happened.
Who really cares about some ill people from some media and their mission ?
They all have axes to grind or provit in their ugly little world full of created order and hypocrisy, without really accomplishing something by themselfes.
They are bloodsuckers.

btw, did you see the latest Propaganda episode on Saturday ? "sportstudio" of course. :rolleyes:
I will tell you if you didn't notice or see that. Did you know that Scharping is still alive ?

However, I will be happy for the guy when this torture and ridiculous law-mess is finally over, even when there were many lies, strange decisions and delays produced by him.
There were really many embarrassments which he should have spared out - for his on sake and that of his fans. Mainly caused by all those advisors.
Rudy's son.

Not thinking and speaking for himself. Thats the only thing I can accuse him off.
But somehow can't blame the guy for that, since he never learned.
The only thing really missing for full-careless-package, would habe been a **** wiping consultant that was actually responsible for tying his shoes and helping him with the usual post-meal burps.

That's how to describe it best. :rolleyes:

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Mr. Ullrich has announced a "clear" statement for tomorrow.
I hope the announcement makes sense, and the statement too. :rolleyes: :D

http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_73595.htm

I can't really describe how excited I am. Not about the statement, but more about the final judgement from the sports authorities.
All those years.....
6 years of waiting, cases, drama and confusion seem to be over tomorrow.

Not to forget all that internet stuff and "races". ;)
Later even joined international races.
I am somehow feeling like one of those sceletons who is spotting Paris or Milan in the horizont.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
So what, he isn't going to come back anyway. :p

Along the continuum of complete reverse logic and an insult to any form of justice is what just happened to Lance (buys his freedom and fame), and what has happened to AC and what might happen to Jan.

Why is the UCI pursuing Jan and not Lance?

Why is Jan even relevant to procycling and a life time ban? He's be caught once (E doesn't count just ask Cocaine Boonan), just like Basso, Vino, Valv...and they only served 2 yrs max. So, Jan quit in 2006 and here we are in 2012.

Lets say that the CAS finds Jan guilty of doping in 2006, strip whatever wins you like and ban him for 2 yrs post 2006. He's free and clear, no lifetime ban, historical notations made, next...as in pursue Lance-avellian.

What a joke. If I was Jan, I would be so ****ed. I would write such a scathing, tell-all, autobiography that it would suck the UCI and procycling back into the stone ages...oh yah I forgot Lance has already done that.

NW

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So Mancebo, Vinokourov, Rasmussen and Landis move up a spot in the top-10. Good to finally see justice done to these athletes, who weren't given their rightfull place in the top-10 because of the cheat Jan Ullrich.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Der Jan deserves no pity, he could have confessed like Basso(after some months of denial) and the circus would have been over for years now but he wanted to drag this out. To blame this mess on the UCI or the media is ridicolous, he and his lawyers are the ones who wanted a fight rather than redemption.

Jokes aside, surely he'll just be removed from the records and no one will actually move up, right? Like they planned to do when they wanted to take away Riis' TdF title.

Although in that regard, I figure the situation is the same as with Contador and therefore those riders will move up in the records.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Bobby Julich now gets the Ludwigshafen-Weinheim 30 km TT in the 2005 Deutschland-Rundfahrt, Cadel nows gets the final TT from the 2006 Tour de Suisse.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
As I am a big Ullrich-fan I could start whining now as certain AC-fans do about the unjustice done by CAS etc. But I won't.

Some of the bloodbags were his and they did only have one purpose: To serve for forbidden blood treatments. It is sad that he loses his 3rd place from 2005 and especially his Giro TT win 2006 (which finally made him one of those riders who took stages in every single GT) and his TdS of the very same year. But I'm fine with that (Ullrich indicated that he doesn't care of the outcome of the case anymore. It is possible that he will partially confess now as his primary purpose alwas was to secure his Olympic gold medal of 2000...).

Now that several riders have been found guilty for their involvement with Fuentes (Basso, Scarponi, Ullrich, Valverde [thanks to Italy]) it is time FINALLY to go after another prominent alleged Fuentes-client:

Alberto "AC" Contador.

He deserves another ban (lifetime this time?) for his involvment, if found guilty. UCI, WADA: Get him.

Lanark said:
So Mancebo, Vinokourov, Rasmussen and Landis move up a spot in the top-10. Good to finally see justice done to these athletes, who weren't given their rightfull place in the top-10 because of the cheat Jan Ullrich.

Not just the top 10, check out the top 20:

1. Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 86h 15' 02"
2. Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC +4' 40"
3. Jan Ullrich (GER) T-Mobile +6' 21"
4. Francisco Mancebo (ESP) Illes Balears-Caisse d'Epargne +9' 59"
5. Alexandre Vinokourov (KAZ) T-Mobile +11' 01"
6. Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner +11' 21"
7. Michael Rasmussen (DEN) Rabobank +11' 33"
8. Cadel Evans (AUS) Davitamon-Lotto +11' 55"
9. Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak +12' 44"
10. Oscar Pereiro (ESP) Phonak +16' 04"
11. Christophe Moreau (FRA) Credit Agricole +16' 26"