• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jay Vine discussion thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
GYFvjgMXMAAEUnk

I guess his elbow took the worst blow today?

I think he has a lot of potential, with the TT he showed this year, including today and his climbing ability, but he crashes way too much.
He really does. In this case he said it was a "silly mistake on a nontechnical section." I mean, sorry Jay, but wtf? He's got to be 100% focused, especially bc ITTs were his focus after the Basque Country crash (and even earlier this year in Australia).

If he can put it all together he's definitely a GT podium favorite.

He really does. In this case he said it was a "silly mistake on a nontechnical section." I mean, sorry Jay, but wtf? He's got to be 100% focused, especially bc ITTs were his focus after the Basque Country crash (and even earlier this year in Australia).

"If" is doing quite some heavy lifting there. We're now at the point that the only time you hear about him, basically, is when he once again has one of his inevitable crashes. It's just ridiculous, he crashes every race, sometimes multiple times. Kelderman on steroids.

Clearly an awful crash judging from the picture above. Hopefully no serious head injuries.
According to Vine he just got some stitches on his brow, but otherwise is okay. That man needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap even more than Roglic.

Vine shared images to his social media later in the day Sunday suggesting he came off lightly with “only” butterfly stitches to his brow.

Not sure Jay Vine should approach any any section as "nontechnical".