• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BotanyBay said:
It's all starting to make sense (this news, Lance's MJ comments, Floyd's reaction, etc).

My prediction: The USADA case is totally afoot. Any denials that Lance makes will be countered either by: released or leaked contradictions (or perhaps DOJ actually handed-over the files).

So this would mean that the MJ article was Lance's advance prep to lay down a foundation of: "I'm so sick of y'allz, that I'm just not going to answer these questions anymore. I'm so totally above this crap now. Let the haters hate. LiveStrong"

He's got his millions and still gets laid. And that's all he really cares about anyway. "F" everyone else. Sort of how he's been living his life for decades anyway.

End prediction: Uncontested USADA case, forfeited TdF results. Years of quiet civil litigation ahead.

That makes sense. KingsMountain's post made sense too. Looks like Lance won't fight, even though he could fight and win on procedural grounds (after an ugly fight).

Maybe he's made the calculation that any gain by keeping the TdF victories would be offset by the harm done by doping revelations.

I totally buy the idea that no witness before USADA would even want to think about contradicting their statements to the feds or to the GJ. If Lance did win in the end, using the reasoning suggested by KM, it would only be after a whole lot of ugly truth was revealed (and ghastly sums of money spent).

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
It's all starting to make sense (this news, Lance's MJ comments, Floyd's reaction, etc).

My prediction: The USADA case is totally afoot. Any denials that Lance makes will be countered either by: released or leaked contradictions (or perhaps DOJ actually handed-over the files).

So this would mean that the MJ article was Lance's advance prep to lay down a foundation of: "I'm so sick of y'allz, that I'm just not going to answer these questions anymore. I'm so totally above this crap now. Let the haters hate. LiveStrong"

He's got his millions and still gets laid. And that's all he really cares about anyway. "F" everyone else. Sort of how he's been living his life for decades anyway.

End prediction: Uncontested USADA case, forfeited TdF results. Years of quiet civil litigation ahead.

What if the only hard evidence of doping relates to 1999? Could they take away his 2004-2005 titles based on that evidence?

Anyway, Lance is yesterday's news.
I'd really like to see the UCI and Bruyneel take the heat this time.
(I'd guess Floyd's personal beef is also mainly with the UCI more than with Lance, though I could be wrong.)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Yeah, I understand that. That's the odd part.

Criminal case against Johann = stainless steel bracelets.
Criminal case against someone else = subpoena, but none exists (yet)
Ongoing grand jury investigation = subpoena (but the GJ was dismissed)
Civil case = subpoena, but what case and who did he talk to?
USADA case = no subpoena (no subpoena power at USADA)

Maybe SCA or a sponsor has filed a civil case.

ChrisE said:
It has to be the ongoing FL investigation, right?

Question is, what relevance does Bruyneel have to that investigation? Floyd was not with Postal when he tested positive, and isn't the investigation just related to that and subsequent events? Would Bruyneel be of interest because Floyd tried to get a job with him in 2010? Do Floyd's actions at that time have relevance to the investigation over the FFF?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
I totally buy the idea that no witness before USADA would even want to think about contradicting their statements to the feds or to the GJ. If Lance did win in the end, using the reasoning suggested by KM, it would only be after a whole lot of ugly truth was revealed (and ghastly sums of money spent).

Is anyone required by law to even talk to the USADA?

Wouldn't the USADA lay down some sanctions, and then Lance has the right to appeal to the CAS. Sanctions and appeal.

There will be no USADA trial on TV. No witness forced to testify under oath right? Sanction or no sanctions.

And if Lance wanted to appeal the sanction to the CAS, he would not need to be on any stand under oath unless he wanted to.

Polish said:
Is anyone required by law to even talk to the USADA?

Wouldn't the USADA lay down some sanctions, and then Lance has the right to appeal to the CAS. Sanctions and appeal.

There will be no USADA trial on TV. No witness forced to testify under oath right? Sanction or no sanctions.

And if Lance wanted to appeal the sanction to the CAS, he would not need to be on any stand under oath unless he wanted to.

I don't think that USADA has compulsory process, because that would require the power to put people in jail for contempt. People currently active in pro cycling may have their good standing with the UCI to worry about.

Gosh. A few on here that always have answers now seem to have questions about what is happening.

Bingo.
quote from BB:
"So this would mean that the MJ article was Lance's advance prep to lay down a foundation of: "I'm so sick of y'allz, that I'm just not going to answer these questions anymore. I'm so totally above this crap now. Let the haters hate. LiveStrong"

that is what it sure sounded like when I read the MJ article...
Well he's cornered....if he puts up a fight then the whole mess will be revealed and dragged into public view. :)

I wonder if Lance is worried about Johan today

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
Question is, what relevance does Bruyneel have to that investigation? Floyd was not with Postal when he tested positive, and isn't the investigation just related to that and subsequent events? Would Bruyneel be of interest because Floyd tried to get a job with him in 2010? Do Floyd's actions at that time have relevance to the investigation over the FFF?

The FL investigation is about some type of "fraud" in FFF, or so we are led to believe. If that is the case, I agree with you. There is talk on here about LA etal being big backers of FFF...maybe JB was in on that?

Maybe FL said some things under oath that doesn't stack vs other witnesses in the USPS investigation, and there is some tangents about perjury in the present investigation as well. Who knows. We will learn in time.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
You guys are on LA hate induced out-of-context quote wishful-thinking crack.

No way he will let this go down without a fight. He's scared of fighting allegations due to doping revelations? That is one of the more idiotic statements I have heard, as if FL and TH on 60 minutes are potential future events instead of past. You cryptically get this out of the MJ quote with your armchair mindreading skills. :rolleyes:

I've said this before....you guys need to vent your energy into something a little more positive than hating LA. It is making you unhinged and more irrational than normal.

mewmewmew13 said:
Gosh. A few on here that always have answers now seem to have questions about what is happening.

Bingo.
quote from BB:
"So this would mean that the MJ article was Lance's advance prep to lay down a foundation of: "I'm so sick of y'allz, that I'm just not going to answer these questions anymore. I'm so totally above this crap now. Let the haters hate. LiveStrong"

that is what it sure sounded like when I read the MJ article...
Well he's cornered....if he puts up a fight then the whole mess will be revealed and dragged into public view. :)

I wonder if Lance is worried about Johan today

ChrisE said:
You guys are on LA hate induced out-of-context quote wishful-thinking crack.

No way he will let this go down without a fight. He's scared of fighting allegations due to doping revelations? That is one of the more idiotic statements I have heard, as if FL and TH on 60 minutes are potential future events instead of past. You cryptically get this out of the MJ quote with your armchair mindreading skills. :rolleyes:

I've said this before....you guys need to vent your energy into something a little more positive than hating LA. It is making you unhinged and more irrational than normal.

hmm..
Three posts in a row and who is it that needs to vent energy?

What was that about armchair mindreading skills?

I personally don't care at all if he fights this or not

:rolleyes:
info on Johan's greeting party:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...with-a-subpoena-by-federal-investigators.aspx

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Still no word from Johan on his visit with the Men in Black. He would to ignore it, pretend it did not happen.

He is not answering his phone (Of Course) but when asked by a journalist about it his response was "Surely you have better things to talk about"

MarkvW said:
....People currently active in pro cycling may have their good standing with the UCI to worry about.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh, that's rich. The UCI worried about the appearance of doping dopers who run international doping programs harming the UCI's propriety.

Whew!!!

You know the guy running the UCI was in major trouble with the IOC for racing as a professional in Aparthied-era South Africa, right?

Propriety, when did the UCI have any?

DirtyWorks said:
hahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh, that's rich. The UCI worried about the appearance of doping dopers who run international doping programs harming the UCI's propriety.

Whew!!!

You know the guy running the UCI was in major trouble with the IOC for racing as a professional in Aparthied-era South Africa, right?

Propriety, when did the UCI have any?

You misunderstand me (but thanks for the anger). I'm talking about the refusal to respond to a subpoena for a USADA proceeding being the basis for a negative UCI sanction. Nothing more. Keep up the angry posts!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Too bad they served him at the airport, was looking forward to the car chase

images

ojbronco.jpg

When the "You don't have better things to talk about " Line starts failing is the Hog going to move on to?

These are not the dopers you are looking for?

Race Radio said:
Too bad they served him at the airport, was looking forward to the car chase

images

ojbronco.jpg

When the "You don't have better things to talk about " Line starts failing is the Hog going to move on to?

These are not the dopers you are looking for?

Would have thought the master tactician would have outwitted the Feds and slipped their grasp.

Surely Lance put Hog on his get out of jail free card?

thehog said:
Would have thought the master tactician would have outwitted the Feds and slipped their grasp.

Surely Lance put Hog on his get out of jail free card?

+1 Master tactician indeed.

Interesting question though. In a group of world-class cheats and liars, who gets pushed in front of this bus first?

My amateur hour guess is it's a civil supboena. Fabiani bought Team Wonderboy's get out of prosecution card and my guess is it is more like a subscription. It will be nice if it's more, but I'm not optimistic.

Zam_Olyas said:
Laura Weislo ‏ @Laura_Weislo
Reporter to Bruyneel: is it true you were served a subpoena? JB eyeing suspiciously race badge: who the ** are you?
That's pretty funny, considering he has to know who Laura is, as she's been with CN for years.

I agree with Botney Bay, and expect Lance to ignore it, and let others burn, as much as necessary.

Alpe d'Huez said:
That's pretty funny, considering he has to know who Laura is, as she's been with CN for years.

I agree with Botney Bay, and expect Lance to ignore it, and let others burn, as much as necessary.

It's what we have come to expect.

He's SO busy now with his triathlons and kids that he has 'no time' to pay anymore attention to that stuff. :rolleyes:

just posted:
VeloNews ‏ @velonews RadioShack manger Johan Bruyneel is at Hilton Sonoma but not speaking w/ press. Team media director Philip Maertens would not comment.

TRENDING THREADS